BIG DOG FLY SWAP

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by stewart dee, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

hey thanks Stewart sorry I couldn't get out. thanks for doing the swap.

2. JayB

JayB Active Member

Ditto on the thanks!

3. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Stewart, mine arrived today. Thanks to you for hosting and to all for tying. Will we be seeing photos posted so that we know who tied what?

4. Kerfwappie

Kerfwappie Member

Thanks for hosting this swap Stewart. My flies arrived today. Excellent work guys. I can't wait to get these beauties on the end of my line and chase chum. Thanks again.

Eric

5. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

Yah, thanks Stewart, sorry about not taggin the flies( I can't believe I did that), Great ties everyone!

P.S. mine was the cone head with the edgebrite body

6. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

No pics guys since I kind of figured it would be like a WHO IS THIS FRIGGIN FLY BELONG TO? Maybe just fish it and hold on.

7. Ed Call

I'll take some photos and post them when I get a chance. I'm sure about flies from JayB, Matthew, Chris, Stewart, Kerf and I think Bob (body wrap, braid overbody, chart hackle and pink head?) and I think Eric (chart maribou, purple streamer feather and purple hackle?). Is this all correct? Who am I missing?

8. Eric Tarcha

Eric Tarcha gear whore

Ed, you are correct, that's mine. sorry for not tagging as well, i was in a bit of a rush to get them out.

9. Ed Call

Eric, good looking fly...I thought it had your touch applied to it. Thanks for confirming. This winter our paths must cross!

10. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Got mine today Thanks Stewart and everyone. Ed that's the one for me, Thats the only fly we ever used for chum in my bunch in Oregon. If the fish were in the rivers it always worked, didn't need any others. For some reason I've never registerd that we should tag the flies so I'll do that in the future. Nice ties everyone, I'll have to convince myself that other flies will work and give these all a try. Got three I dont know who tied, and not familiar with all the materials enough to describe. one is dumbell eyes, pink head, chartruse hackle, something like cactus chenille body chartruse, and chartruse rabbiit strip tail. other one is Dumbell eyes, mallard flank and some kind of purple stuff I've never seen hackle, pink sparkle body with silver rib, stinger hook and a little bit of brown? hair, and another one is all chartruse angel hair?hackle, back half of body is chart thread with a silver rib, and a neat sparkly green body material I also haven't seen. Think I've got the others from what people have mentioned. If I can get out and the chum get in then it will be fun playing with different flies for a change. I've also made up several other patterns off the top of my head that may work so I can play for a long time if there are fish to fish for. Its fun to imagine after fishing many years with only one fly pattern. Thanks again Stewart and people. Happy fishin!