Big game bag for pack frame

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Itchy Dog, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Media:
    Home Page:
    I need to find a bag for holding game (elk quarters, etc) that can attach to my old backpack frame. Anyone know of a place that sells such an item? The one I used last year belonged to a guy who's waist is considerably bigger than mine, and the hip belt wouldn't cinch down enough, so I was carrying 100% of the weight on my shoulders. Never again.

2. andrew

andrew Active Member

Media:
    "Itchy"

I've got an old LL Bean frame pack that I don't use...it is yours if you want it. I'm 5-11 and 170 and it fits me. The bag portion is battleship gray, has an upper compartment that is 20" wide, 10" long, and maybe 20-24" deep. There is a bottom compartment that is maybe 20"x10"x10". There is maybe a 20" wide by 10" tall portion at the bottom to strap whatever else you want.

3. Hooker

Hooker Banned or Parked

This is one thing I will never mess around with. It hurts too much.
    Buy a good frieghter pac and just lash the game bags to the frame and off you go.
    I have purchased a couple from cabelas over ther years. I think they were called the alaska guide model or something like that.

4. 2506

2506 Active Member

You may want to check out Eberlestock's website. They have some pretty skookum packs.