Big Steelhead Redux - Done Right This Time

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Jason Decker, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Got this email just now from Jeff Brazda about his crazy OP trip with a HUGE Steelhead.

Guess what?? only ONE photo, that's it.

Jeff: "42x22 steelhead on a fly, possibly 30 lbs, I figure 28 minimum.
    Some calculations say 27 some say up to 31.5 lbs, did not have my boga with me so I don’t know for sure.
    Released completely unharmed. Landed another 20 the same day."

Let me just say that Jeff Brazda is one hard working straight up guy and I am so jealous I didn't book this trip myself.

Sounds like its hot hot hot out there!

JD:thumb:

Attached Files:

2. What a fish. *drools on keyboard*

3. What a slab!

4. Sweet Geesus what a nice looking fish:eek:...I sure wish I could get back out there for a bit! Nice to know that one is still swimmin' :thumb:

5. God Damn!

6. Cheeze and Rice that is a pig of pigs.

7. I've caught blue gill bigger than that.

8. you shoulda bonked it just out of spite for english peat :clown:

9. So thats what they look like... :beathead::beathead:

10. Matt, that fish could have ate mine.
    Jeff

11. There must have been something in the air that day. When Jeff was telling me on the phone about that fish, I had to hang up on him because my wife hooked this one.... Not 28 or 30, but a big one for sure. Her biggest to date.
    [​IMG]

There was certainly a push of fish the last week. Both numbers and larger than average - it was good to see them show up.

12. iagreeiagreeiagree

Nice fish guys!!

13. So sick, that net Brazda has sitting under that fish is enormous, and it looks like the fish could barely fit in it!

That fish Dayna is hold is definitely one of the prettiest steelhead i have ever seen, nice work!

14. You should have seen Dayna's face when that fish came to the net. Priceless. She hooked over 25 fish in the 3 days she was over, and none of them got her that fired up!

15. that's weird, she's not one to really get excited about fishing :rofl:

16. AWESOME!

17. catching 20 fish in a day is unethical considering the amount of pressure those systems get. The fact that a guide would let a client hook that many fish is despicable

18. Will, re-read what was written, another 20lbs fish was caught that day, not another 20 steelhead, i can understand from the way it was written your confusion, way to jump to conclusions anyway though :thumb:

19. to Will Atlas..were you serious about that post: "catching 20 fish in a day is unethical considering the amount of pressure those systems get. The fact that a guide would let a client hook that many fish is despicable"...? Either you're trolling and have me sniffing at the bait or we are going to have an interesting discussion start to progress through this thread.

20. I don't know about anybody else on this board but for the number of hours I put in, the miles I have driven, the hours I worked to afford the gear I fish with..As long as I am debarbed and releasing each one I"LL HOOK 50!!! if they are biting!! YOU DONE LOST YOUR MIND!!! Unethical! I never thought the day would come where someone would say that hooking too many fish in unethical! While I am hooking fish you and that guide can leave me there to get tennis elbow cause I am going to keep casting as long as they keep biting! I'll call someone to come get me..I can send smoke signals!

WE NEED A HATERADE EMOTICON!! GEEZ-a-ME-X-MAS!!! I'm sorry I never rant and rarely do I get involved but come on fellas! Read and think before you type! Better yet some of you just need to read!

Nice fish by the way..I wish she had pics posted of everyone she hooked!!