big twin ,winthop

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by gmole, Jun 13, 2011.

1. gmole

gmole Member

wondering if anyone is still fishing big twin and how its been..heading over on sunday and monday..

2. Trout Master

Trout Master Active Member

Was good a month ago, I dont fish it much in june/july/aug/sept because of the water temps, but have never had a day like the other trip report there. Allway have had a good trip to big twin, gotta know what to use there.

3. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

I was there last weekend. Alas, (not really) it was a weekend with the grand kids. My 2 5yo grandsons caught a nice 16" trout trolling a pumpkin head on a lead core line. We actually took it home to eat and they loved the whole thing! Only 2 or 3 fishers on Saturday and a few more on Sunday. I also saw several on Little Twin, which was restocked following a winter kill and has some nice planters in it. There was an awesome kids fishing day at the hatchery and my two grand kids had a great time there, learning about beavers, tying flies, and catching a trout, which we also took home to eat. Amazing how much those little guys like trout! I will probably be going over this weekend and will try some fishing. Since the rivers are still brown, that means a lake and maybe Big Twin will be on the list. Rick

4. gmole

gmole Member

i'll be in a 14 hewscraft if your in the area