Big Twin

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Donato, May 4, 2011.

1. Trout Master Active Member

Mistor Scott I beg to differ on the size 18 chronnies, They fricking rock, or did you get oldtimers and forget
  2. Globetrouter1 Methow Fly Fishing Guide

Twisp, Wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    The fish in big twin were spawning this last weekend and were roaming the banks all around the lake. Spot fishing for them was fun and trying to get them to eat something was hard but landed five in the 13 to 16 inch range in about an hour in a half. I got a good look at a lot of fish and they were all in 13 to 18 inch size range.
  3. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    Ratings: +237 / 0
    Maybe not as exciting as targeting spawners in the shallows, but I got a report from last weekend of a lot of fish from 13-20" being caught on chironomids. Right in front of my cabin is a hot spot! Rick
  4. Trout Master Active Member

Ricky, Ricky , Ricky there are no fish in Big Twin, tear down the cabin and move it to a lake that has fish.
  5. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    Jim-all we can hope is that the DFW puts a whole bunch of triploids in it-then all will be well!:thumb:
  6. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +735 / 0
    I have fished big twin off and on for years,That said like all lakes it has had it's ups & downs over the years.It seems like the winter kill problem may have been solved with the areator pump. and this year because of snowfall the lake will be high some years the lake will be low because of lack of snowfall. No matter the lake height I've always done well by adjusting where in the lake I fish and by what type of flies I use. But after last weekend trip I would use a black #12 chronomide with a red wire rib in about 12 feet of water , just saying
  7. Trout Master Active Member

Yes the lake changes week to week , day to day, hour to hour. I have found fish on a indicator from 35 feet to 1 foot in depth. Chronnies work well , I have a special little bunny leech that I use in the shallows ( 1 ft or less) that is as good as dynamite.
  8. plugboots Member

Winthrop, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    At 5:30 or so on Friday there were 27 floating devices out there.
  9. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    plugboots-the North Cascades Hwy opens sometime between Tuesday and Thursday this week (from the WSDOT web site) and I say HURRAY! I'm getting tired of the 5 1/2 hour drive! I expect a real crowd on the lake this coming weekend (including me!) Crowds don't bother me very much and certainly doesn't impact the fishing for me very much. BTW-if you are on the lake, stop by and say hi! (We have the new house with metal siding between the log house and Jackchinooks house.) Rick
  10. Trout Master Active Member

Last weekend besides the rain fishing was great, not to many other souls brave enough to withstand the rain , but sunday the fishing really came on, fishing the flats with a blood worm from 7 feet under to 18" under the bobber.
  11. plugboots Member

Winthrop, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I figured that was your place when I saw the big "TODD" flag out there last summer. (Smiley emoticon.) Since I live here, I really don't need to fish there when it's busy. If it's busy, I do something else. I'll be skiing through June, cycling whenever, etc.