NFR Bigfoot

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Joe Goodfellow, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Lex Story

Lex Story Angler, Gastronomist, Artist, Jarhead, Geek

2. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

TV? What's that? Some other kind of monster? Oh yeah, I remember...the Trojan that was sneaked into your living room by the advertisers. The same sneaky bastages who wake up every morning just amazed that consumers actually purchase these brain-washing devices and install them in their own homes themselves, and then subject themselves to the insidious machinations of the pale hypnotic spell.

3. Travis Bille

Travis Bille Active Member

Media:
    Stumbled across these on the San Juan River in NM this August.

I also saw one near Grants Pass in 2005. I was camping and my friends and I had rocks thrown at us several times during the night. Woke up in the morning and walked down a trail behind our camp and saw one stand up about 50 feet away and walk uphill. I had my friend stand where I saw it, and in comparison it was about 9 feet tall. There was a trail of footprints with a huge stride that I couldn't come close to matching, walking up a very steep hill. Definitely wasn't a bear or a person in a suit.
    Print 1-2 - Copy.jpg Print 2-2.jpg Print 2-1.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Media:
    Saw one last Saturday while fishing on a coastal river. It was standing on a debris jam of logs across the river and appeared to be watching me fish. It didn't move for a very long time. It was kinda' splotchy looking, like it was shedding its winter coat. Musta' been close to 7' tall.

I looked upriver when a raft with 3 fishermen drifted down. I was keeping an eye on them out of concern of being low-holed, and when I looked back at the debris jam, the Sasquatch was gone.

Sg

5. Joe Goodfellow

Joe Goodfellow Active Member

Media:
    I was fly fishing by Kachess Lake in WA. I was all alone. I was setting up my camp I got bored and started singing softly. A short time later I started smelling what smelled like dirty cat letter. I thought that was really odd after a while I just ignored it. Then I started breaking the big branches to make my fire. After breaking the really big branches I heard a loud very loud knock. I thought that was odd because I was the only one around I was high up. So I thought maybe that was a bear coming down a tree or something. So after that I did some screams to try to scare it away. So I started my fire I had some meat out by the fire. After a while I started hearing whistles I was like what the heck I never heard a bird like that. Mind you I’m in the mountains a lot so when that happened I started to be on my guard. I also lived in Yosemite for 9 months. After cooking one pork chop I had one still laying on the rock beside me. I started hearing rustling in the trees behind me so I grabbed my bear spray. I went to go check it out and didn’t see a bear. So I went back to camp didn’t think about anymore. After I was done with my dinner a big rock came crashing by almost hitting my car. I thought it was just a rock falling from a cliff. Then I started thinking about it there’s no cliffs by me what the heck! So I started screaming to scare it away. I did that for a minute or two then relaxed for a bit. Then another big rock was thrown so I got really pissed off and started really yelling. Then I thought my mind is just playing tricks so I ignored it. Then maybe 20, 30 minutes later a really big rock was thrown. When that happened again I knew it wasn’t my mind playing games with me. So I was thinking is this really happening? A couple of minutes passed another rock thrown. So I started to yell again then I heard a really angry loud whoop sound like I never heard before. I could feel it inside me it was that loud like you were at a concert or something. I got really scared and drove away.

Tool Fly likes this.
  6. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

I've never seen one, but have a friend who claims he did; he has refused to return to that place back home in Montana for 40+ years; I did see my friend after his experience . . . he was genuinely scared. I also saw a post on this very forum however, that incuded a clear photo of a female Squatch in Forks as part of a "Husband Wanted" ad . . .

aplTyler likes this.
  7. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I suppose that you all believe in the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny. And or maybe Santa Claus.

8. Joe Goodfellow

Joe Goodfellow Active Member

Media:
    Just because its not at your local zoo or some geek scientist hasnt seen it dosen't mean its not out there

Travis Bille likes this.
  9. Bad-Daddio

Bad-Daddio Member

Strangest thing - I used to see one at damn near every Sonics (RIP) game I went to. Never scared me though - Turns out this individual was one of the more fun loving of their species. Always up to goofy shenanigans, playing around on a trampoline, shooting T-shirts from an air cannon, stuff like that.

The Duke likes this.
  10. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

I was plunking up on the skagit with a couple of local fellas onetime years ago and saw a yeti swim across the river later after drinking some more of this localy made apple cider I saw a sled go by with two Pink Elephants water sking behind it. I sure hope They never cut down that apple tree that has them special apples they make that cider from !!!!

11. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

Media:
    One time I was camping in Petersburg, I wasn't really worried about bears, just big foot... I don't know why, but I was sure one was gonna come get me

12. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Media:
    Absolutely yes! As a matter of fact, the Tooth Fairy always brought me money, the Easter Bunny always brought me the best Easter Eggs and candy, and..... Santa Claus brought me presents every Xmas and, still does!!!!

13. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Home Page:
    That lil' fella could move fast too...

14. Bad-Daddio

Bad-Daddio Member

Like a fart in a skillet!

15. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Wasn't bigfoot the name of the barmaid at the harbor bar in petersburg AK.

16. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

Media:
    You sure that wasn't Jeff Bandy?

17. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Didn't stick around to see it. I was gear fishing a SW WA river and had a lot of space all to myself. I was in somewhat of a canyon section and working a run below a large pool. I had hooked a fish in that big pool a trip before, but no such luck this time through. Daylight was fading when I started hearing something that gave me the impression it was pretty large on the other side of the river. It was up a very steep slope, in the heavily tree covered woods. Then a moan, a really loud one. A moan that is giving me chills right now as I recall. I was wondering what the hell is this thing, a wild hog, bear, cat, nothing I know about sounds this big moving through brush and makes that sound. Then it was there again, but louder. Resonating up and down this small canyon stretch, loud. Then again even louder. I'm spooked, I'll admit it. I'm spooked again right now typing this, knowing full well all of you are sure that I'm full of crap. SPLASH, whiskey tango foxtrot was that? A huge splash into the pool that I had left above me not long ago. Whatever it was it fell into or dove into the river. The light was gone, I should not be here, it is too dark to be here. I don't know what the hell that was, or is, nor do I really want to find out. I heard something thrashing around in the water, slapping the water, splashing and making a lot of noise. I got back to the truck in about ten seconds flat, threw my gear into the rig and drove away fast. I did not have any desire to even shine the headlights in that direction for fear I might see something that I did not want to see. This was in 2001 or 2002. I have not returned. I may never return.

18. Travis Bille

Travis Bille Active Member

Media:
    Damn Mumbles that's pretty spooky. I heard something similar on the Eel River here in Northern California a few months ago. I was hiking around at night and heard, several times, something that sounded like a cross between a moan and a scream coming from across the river, and on the other side of a hill. I made the sound back at whatever it was, and in a few minutes heard movement across from me and slightly upstream. Three huge splashes, a few minutes apart, followed. They sounded like rocks being thrown in to the river. It was pretty weird.

19. aplTyler

aplTyler Inept Steelheader

Ed,

That sounds like a few other stories that I've heard/read about the Kalama... those stories took place around the same years/timeframe as well. Coincidence?

I'm pretty skeptical, but then again, you never do know for sure. I've seen things (not a Sasquatch) that I cannot explain before.

20. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

Media:
    IDK I was 20 at the time