Bikini baristas spotted at Dry Falls...

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Roper, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,396 / 0
    My flies were wet.But my dries kept sinking and my wets were floating. I even put on a humpy and it still sank. And for tying on flies,Have you ever seen me up close trying to tie on a fly. My hands shake so bad that I have to put them in my lap to keep them still and then I use the smallest flies and can't get the leader thru the eye with all that shaking going on. If it wasn't so funny I'd be crying about it. That's what takes me so long to get a fly on my line. But I don't quit. I keep at it until I get it on and some times it takes a while..

Jim
  2. Mulligan Stephen Mull

Seattle
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    I had a great time. It was Marc and I's first trip with the group. Good introduction. A funny ass group of people. A little bummed I dumped my ass in the back of the car so early. A little bit of Bart's Jim Beam and what I think was Bhudda's stuff put me under pretty good.

Much thanks to Tight Line for the ride up to the lake for night fishing. Good guy, second only to Roper who didn't beat me over the head with his rod tube after I delivered only 75% back to him. I deserved a lickin'

Like jabseattle, Marc and I should be more ready to talk shit with the rest on the next trip.
  3. Tightline Brian Perry

Seattle, Wa, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Mulligan... I think I have your tube pump.

~B:dunno
  4. BAPTIE New Member

As with Mulligan, I had a great time with all you characters. Very welcoming group. It was my first time at Dry Falls since my uncle first took me flyfishing there in a canoe when i was 12 so it was nice to see it again. Looking forward to the next outting. If any of you guys are looking for a fishing partner on the Yak anytime I go to school at CWU so let me know. Like Mulligan said, I'm sure we'll be more apt to BSing next time around.
  5. Mulligan Stephen Mull

Seattle
    Oh shit!! No, I kid. I think I paid $7 for that pump. If I get it back I get it back. But, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. Call it payment for the ride to the lake :beer2
  6. Tightline Brian Perry

Seattle, Wa, USA.
    No worries bro.. you'll get it back.
    I am sure we'll wet a line together sometime.

~B
    :smokin
  7. bhudda heffe'

basement
    Ratings: +103 / 0
    Well,.... the weather was great........., fishin sucked! caught 1 fish all weekend, but didnt put alot of time in either, still had a great time. new faces- Ron,Mulligan, Marc, Jarrod, Beth, and i think Scott or Ken?, some others im sure:dunno dont remember. ROPER_I HAVE YOUR FINS! Jessica thanks you alot for them, and everyones company including Jim! ya ol'bastardo:p :+ :p . anyone up for hitting deep lake when it opens? Brian? atleast we dont have to walk in,:smokin . peez and rice bhudda
  8. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    hahaha yeah nice title... stop telling everyone my million dollar idea!

Dry falls was worth the haul over, always nice to see the old familiar faces as well as meeting some new ones.

My legs are still sore from this trip, kicking around that lake from dawn till dark a couple days in a row, as well as taking an excursion out into the desert with sparse and alpinetrout on sunday which included a desert hike, 20 year old ladders down cliffs, and hauling back water soaked waders, good times for sure.

Some of the cooler things...

- Watching Jabs dial in that lake and make it his bitch.
    - Laughing at the guy with the drag set to 0
    - Listening to some of sparses stories
    - Watching the irishman and jim dissing on each other.
    - Catching a brown as big as my arm
    - Fishing with roper
    - Seeing brians injured baitfish retrieve
    - Handline'n a tiger trout

Fun stuff as usual... can't wait till the highland fling. Where the lakes don't close at ten, and there aren't 80 people on the lakes at one time.
  9. LeakyTiki Member

Tulalip, Wa, USA
    bhudda,
    I'm in anytime after the opener fro blue ,park , any and all
    say the word
    word
    david:smokin
  10. Tightline Brian Perry

Seattle, Wa, USA.
    Hell yeah, I'm down for another run up that way. I'd like to trek back to some o' those lakes in the area in the vicinity that I see on my topo map too....

~B
    :smokin
  11. Mulligan Stephen Mull

Seattle
    Where is Deep Lake? Sun Lakes area?
  12. bhudda heffe'

basement
    Ratings: +103 / 0
    Yup, just go straight thru those gates you had to take a left at, when the road turned to gravel, to head to dry falls. hey thanks for the heads up on the hatch at RFC. did you guys end up fishing anymore after that. we stayed awhile, but Jess was having trouble with the wind knots and such. it takes a setting like that, with reeds and marshy stuff, bushes etc. and you will never let that backcast drop again! she had fun seeing all the bows so close up. i tried to explain to her the "Circus show" so to speak that everyone says about the place, i like it, i dont shun the Ford like alot of folks as i still get a tickle walking up to the first section and just watching the fish cruise by. saw lots of snakes- are they garder snakes?

"Dont let your dreams be dreams" -Jack Johnson
  13. jabseattle jabs

Desert Dweller
    You can count me in on another trip...
  14. troutman101 Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
  15. Mulligan Stephen Mull

Seattle
    We headed back to Seattle after we saw you. Were the callibaetis coming off? The ones we were seeing were pretty damn big. We were just about to leave when we started seeing them so only through a couple dry flies, to no avail. The fish were looking up though. I agree on the Ford. I had a great time standing on a rock and finding new ways to fish with a scud. It was amazing how many different presentations of a scud those fish were giving a look to. I noticed that if a fish darted at the scud right away, others would sometimes compete. It seemed like they didn't care what it was or why they were going at it...just wanted to "win". I think Rocky Ford is one of the best places in the state to take a beginner, not only to catch fish but to learn. I didn't think you could learn much from it before this weekend.
  16. DaleD New Member

Yup, I too clicked on that catchy headline! I took the bait hook line and sinker. I bit on that one. Ok, ok I'll stop using fishing references.

Great post. You obviously put a lot of thought into it.