Bill Ballan Reels. LONG wait or lost moneys

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by wayne syn, Oct 24, 2013.

1. wayne syn New Member

Northern California
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Hi Guys,
    Just curious if anyone has had the same experience I have had with Bill. When Bill had his "sale" on his reels early 2012 I ordered 3 of them online and paid for them in April of 2012. Since then I've spoken to Bill at least 6 times asking for my reels and he keeps saying they are being built. I did get one trout reel late last year so I'm waiting for the salmon and steelhead reels now.
    I checked yesterday again but now noticed his website is no longer on the net.
    Has anyone else experience this with Bill? A year and a half wait is a long time and I think the longer the wait the more likely the money I paid is gone.
    WS
  2. Brady Burmeister Active Member

OH
    Ratings: +155 / 0
    No. Mine took about 2 months. Did he give a time table?
  3. wayne syn New Member

Northern California
    He keeps saying he is working on them and that he has had health problems and he can only do things at a certain pace. Early this year he said the steelhead reels were just about done and he will be shipping in a week or so. It's now many months later and no reels still. Now that his website is gone, I fear he might have closed shop.
  4. Brady Burmeister Active Member

OH
    Ratings: +155 / 0
    Can't hurt to ask for your money back if you don't feel he is gonna come through. It's been a mighty long time. Asking for your money back might get the reels in your hands.
  5. wayne syn New Member

Northern California
    I emailed him a few months ago asking for my money back and had not response. I called and left a message yesterday for him to call me back and requested a refund. I probably should not have said that because he probably won't call back.
  6. Denny Active Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +45 / 0
    Why did you order Ballans?

I think after this long I'd ask for my money back. Something's goofy, as that's waaaay too long.
  7. wayne syn New Member

Northern California

With the sale price of 50% off I thought it was a great deal for a handmade reel. One of them was going to be a gift.

I will call him again and leave another message for a refund but I think I'm coming to terms that the moneys are gone.

Wayne
  8. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Ratings: +774 / 2
  9. wayne syn New Member

Northern California
  10. Denny Active Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +45 / 0
    Any luck?
  11. wayne syn New Member

Northern California
    No answer on the phone still and no return phone call after I asked
    Nicely for a call back.
  12. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +733 / 0
    He's most likely on his way to china to pick up his next batch of reels
  13. rockthief Fly fishing = food for my soul

Brownsville Oregon
    Ratings: +29 / 0
    Better Business Bureau?
    Florida sheriff?

I'd consider that theft.
  14. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Ratings: +774 / 2

China? I thought his reels were made in the USA by him.