Bitterroot 3/27

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kyle Smith, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Kyle Smith Active Member

Bozeman, MT
    Ratings: +279 / 0
    I had a half day at work (good job sales dept!), so I grabbed some chicken from Orange Street Food Farm and headed for the Lee Metcalf. The skwalas are hatching, but the fish aren't on them on the surface. I got a couple fish to hit the usual SJW. Also the smaller neumoras are hatching like crazy, so a Prince nymph should be good if you find the fish. This weekend could be really good.

DSCN0702.JPG DSCN0706.JPG DSCN0694.JPG
  2. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +895 / 0
    Kyle, you should be careful posting photos like this of the area-Lonnie (Bitterroot) will forget he's supposed to be at work, get in the truck, and head East!:D
    Kyle Smith likes this.
  3. Kyle Smith Active Member

Bozeman, MT
    Ratings: +279 / 0
    I wrote the wrong date. I fished yesterday, not later today!
  4. Greg Armstrong Active Member

Pugetropolis
    Ratings: +358 / 0
    Kyle,
    A well honed ability to see into the future is always a good thing for us fishermen...
    I enjoyed the nice photography. Is that middle shot tonight? hee hee
    Kyle Smith likes this.
  5. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,704 / 0
    I'm gonna have to try that river some day. But it's going to have to warm up a bit before I do.

On another note I was over on the Beaverhead the other day. I haven't see anything on the surface as of yet. As warm as it was the other day there should be something coming off. I saw only one tiny bug.
  6. ryfly Addicted to flyfishing

Snoqualmie, WA
    Ratings: +49 / 0
    The Future is bright for this one.
  7. surfnsully Active Member

Happy Valley, OR
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    I got back from the Bitterrroot last night after fishing Monday and Tuesday afternoons. Few adult bugs seen and only found one cutty and 6 whiteys. Beautiful floats however and well worth the drive :)
    Kyle Smith likes this.
  8. Fishinbeatsworkin Member

Walnut Creek, CA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Thanks for the report. My buddy & I will be up there next week for 5 days of fishing