Blackmans Lake 1/9/2011

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Chef, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    guitarfisher and I are headed to blackmans on Sunday. Anyone want to join us? I should have a fresh batch of cookies coming out of the oven on Saturday! Yummm!
  2. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +410 / 0
    Might stop by to say howdy in the afternoon.
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,357 / 9
    Chef, always impressive of you to draw out some folks that might be inclined to stay warm at home with the offer of fresh cookies. A sinister yet genius move! Best of luck on your outing. I won't be able to come and get some cookies (besides Islander will likely clean them out) this time, but I look forward to your enthusiastic report.
  4. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +182 / 6
    COOKIES!! Where is Blackmans??
  5. guitarfisher Jeff W.

SLC, UT
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Steve, Blackman's Lake is in the town of Snohomish, a few miles south of Lake Stevens, just off Highways 2 and 9. It's easily located on google maps.
  6. guitarfisher Jeff W.

SLC, UT
  7. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Trust me Ed... sometimes its hard to leave a warm house, bed and covers! But if I only fished when it wasent cold or rainy, I would have no time to really fish plus this is the only way I can relax from the work week! :)

Cookies..... I love them! :)
  8. Trout Master Active Member

9. Zane Wyll Member

anacortes, WA.
    Chef why Blackmans do you know somthing I don't???
  10. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,659 / 0
    There aren't any fish in Blackmans. I know because I fished it where I lived there..

Several years ago. Well more like 5 or 6 years ago, they planted some big fish in that lake from Trout Lodge. The biggest I heard of being caught out of there was a fish of about 8 lbs plus. Somebody from this site caught it.
  11. flyfishing59 Member

"Hola Amigo" JC here. Chef. It is good to here that you are going to give Blackmans lk. another shot. For those who do not know. Blackmans lk, is stocked regularly with brood stock trout.( Snohomish sportmans club) There are trout in this lake that are 24 inch lunkers and biggerrrrrr...I will try to make this great quest in hooking one of these great monsters...
  12. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +410 / 0
    And you guys believe fisherpersons!

Every body knows they lie.

I do.

But that is some of the fun in it.
  13. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    I have never lied about fish in this life time.
  14. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    JC is right. Tons of pictures of fish he has slayed over there. you should see his tying room

Why blackmans you ask? Well, hell I want to fish, its close, doesnt cost much to get to and did I mention I want to fish? At this stage I learn so much when I go out that it is more to go. And again, its about getting away from work and doing something I enjoy.

Just my thoughts.
  15. Trout Master Active Member

why not try silver in south everett mill creek area, then there is ballinger, thomas lake in mill creek has cutties.
  16. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    True. We didnt think about that. Thanks for the suggestions.
  17. guitarfisher Jeff W.

SLC, UT
    I live about a mile from Ballinger and fish it frequently with little or no success :beathead: (but I do like it for summer bass).
    I considered Silver in So. Everett and wouldn't rule it out, but launching the 'toon is pain in the ass because there's no close water access. That, by the way, is one reason I frequent Blackman's - you can drop the boat right from the truck into the water. Never tried Thomas Lake, so maybe worth checking out.
  18. Trout Master Active Member

Ballinger can be a challenge but they are there. I live a block awat and use the west side access. In june the evening chronnie hatch can be a blast.
  19. gdbrill Tight Lines

Redmond, Washington
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Hi Chef, I've been following your posts and would like to meet you and the others for a great fishing outing. However, I won't be back home, Redmond, until next week. Have a great time at Blackmans.

Tight lines.

George
  20. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    I thought that they filled in Thomas lake and built houses on the land fill.