Blackmans Lake 1/9/2011

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Chef, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Trout Master

Trout Master Active Member

Jimbo, I havent been that way in awhile, maybe they did. I used to hit it in the late 80"s and early 90"s. But what do I know I'm just a guy with alittle over a thousand posts.

2. Steve Kokita

Steve Kokita FISHON206

Blackman's can be a good winter lake. Mark and I fished it a bunch of times and have had pretty good luck. I have some good pics of fish from there, might just show up.

3. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Dang it Steve, do I need to track down a baby sitter and show up at Blackmans on Sunday? Hmmm, maybe the boy would hold up to the cold ok. No, can't bring him I want his first few trips to be a tad warmer. Back to the baby sitter idea. I'll call his grandma.

Ira..

4. Chef

Chef New Member

awesome Ira. I want to learn to chironamid fish.

5. Islander

Islander Steve

Oh Noooooo, Chef is going over to the Dark Side.

6. Trout Master

Dark side, as in dark chocolate cookies?????????

7. scottflycst

scottflycst Active Member

Chef,
    The "dark side" holds a lot of fish as you saw on sunday.
    Get addicted to the hatch, not the bug.

8. Chef

Chef New Member

dark chocolate cookies..... yummmmyyyyyy......

Dark chocolate cookies dipped in chocolate? Even better!

9. Islander

Islander Steve

I"ll be there!!

10. Steve Kokita

Steve Kokita FISHON206

MMMMMMMM....dark chocolate chironomids!!!:cool:

11. Islander

Islander Steve

If you dip them in chocolate I might even eat those.....or at least fish with them.

12. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

AHHHHHHH. German Chocolate Cake. Shit, I just gained 5lbs thinking about it.

13. Mike Brown

Mike Brown New Member

Trying to find a good lake to fish from a drift boat with another guy and my 12 year old. Is Blackmans promising? And what do you fish at this time of year? Streamers? Chironimids?

14. Chef

Chef New Member

No introductions, Mike?

15. Steve Kokita

Steve Kokita FISHON206

Both will work Mike, just go real slooooowwww.

16. Trout Master

Is Blackmans promising?---------- Dont hold your breath this time of year. Real slow ,like really slow, Like old Man climbing a mountain slow!!!!!!!

17. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Dark Side, I knew we could get Chef to switch. As you've seen, the force is strong with this one. I'll have to say though if I'm not able to make it, Steve (Not Islander Steve although if we could really create a chocolate chironomid, that Steve too) could really help you out with the chironomid thing. He may not have shown it last Sunday, but Kokita is the man with the mid, I sometimes just get real lucky to have a woman in the boat with me.

Even if I can't fish Sunday, I may be able to make it out and say Hi.

Ira..

18. Islander

Islander Steve

Did Ira just say he was getting lucky with the woman in his boat. I was wondering what all that hoop'n and hollar'n was about.

Have you guys decided between Pass or Blackmans?

19. phil217

phil217 Member

Are any of these lakes accessible without a pontoon or boat??? Still looking for a good lake where I can practice my casting and perhaps get into some fish...

20. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

You can cast at Blackmans or Lone or Pass with no problem but your chances of catching are fairly slim from the shore. If you join us for an outing, there seems to be enough of us here that we could loan you something. PM, I have an extra tube.

Islander I said I was lucky to HAVE a woman in the boat with me not that I was getting lucky, my wife would not approve of it any other way. :)

Ira..