blanks

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by kenai, Mar 11, 2006.

1. kenai New Member

pa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    i read about factory seconds and blems, where do i find a site to buy them?????
    i've been looking but no luck. thanks
  2. James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Tacoma
    Ratings: +85 / 0
    I wouldn't recommend it, but if you need to do it to save some dough, and still want a reasonable blank, Dan Craft does sell some seconds in his FT line. For the most part his blems are related to straightness. You can find him at www.dancraftent.com

Also, it would be a good idea to post to the www.rodbuilding.org site. There are some other vendors that offer seconds from other vendors, but I don't know them off hand.

-- Cheers
    -- James
  3. Jim Fitz Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    May want to try calling Patrick's. They are a sponsor and used to have some Sage seconds. That was a while back though. Some other sponsors that sell rod building stuff might sell 2nds - might want to make a few calls. As James said, the some of the sponsors on rod.building sell 2nds.

Dan Craft's website is down for upgrades but you can still just call him. I did so today and purchased a new toy.:thumb:
  4. Willie Bodger Still, nothing clever to say...

Lynnwood, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I was just in Patrick's today and saw that he had Sage 581LL and Sage 486LL blanks for $75 that did not have any Sage logo on them so I am guessing they were seconds.

Willie