Bloodworm pattern questions....

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Kaiserman, May 25, 2013.

1. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,121 / 0
    Cheating? Evidently I haven't read the rule book :eek:
    Dave Kaiserman likes this.
  2. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    This Blood Worm thread gave me an idea for a cartoon so I came up with a rough and sent it to the editor of FFM. He likes it so now I gott'a color the sucker. Thanks for the idea!
    (Now you know why I really hang around this place as much as I do :) -- and no... you won't receive a by-line credit nor any $$ for the idea :p )
  3. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +365 / 0

LOL!!! Can't wait to see it!!
  4. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    I have no idea when they'll use it. Sometimes the cartoons get bumped if they have additional advertisers for the issue. Yes, said to say but the cartoons are expendable crew members :) They pay for them up front so they use them when they'll fit.
  5. Jim Speaker Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +433 / 0
    Yeah, I have a couple nice little san juan worms in my box... they work great. But it's not often that I fish bait ;) hehehe.
  6. Preston Active Member

Ratings: +359 / 0
    By the way, if you're going to be using "technical" terms larva is the singular form and larvae (pronounced "lar-vee") the plural.
  7. Tacoma Red Active Member

Kitsap
    Ratings: +219 / 0
    Try puffer ball material with a rubbery squirmy wormy purchased at the 1$ store. There is a fly tying material company (that I forgot who) that supplies this material that can be found in your local fly shop. You can purchase in red and also green, and perhaps glow-in-the-dark.

8. Tacoma Red Active Member

Kitsap
    Ratings: +219 / 0
  9. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Weird... I just ordered some red tubing to use to tie blood worms. I've also ordered some red rubber leg material to experiment with.
  10. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Weird... I just ordered some red tubing to use to tie blood worms. I've also ordered some red rubber leg material to experiment with.
  11. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Wow!!!! What the heck is going on??? Do you guys see four identical posts that I just made???

Danged Chinese at it again...