Bloodworm Swap?

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by flylikeIdo, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

So if you keep the number of tyers open right up until the end, how will those of us on board now know how many flies to tie? Was me, I'd cap this swap at the number of guys who are in today.

I can't get mine tied and in by the 9th due to previous commitments this week and weekend. If the 9th is a solid date then I'll have to bow out. I could handle an extra week, say due by the 16th.

K

2. flylikeIdo

flylikeIdo Member

We could do by the 16th but you all wont get your flies till after thanksgiving. I will not be around at that point in time.

Its up to the others in the swap, so please let me know if you all want to do so or if you want them right away.

3. 2 Much Fishin

2 Much Fishin New Member

The 9th is a little too early for me as well. I may be able to have them done, but I have a weekend fishing trip planned and fishing always trumps tying! I would move the due date back at least 2 weeks from now.

4. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

I agree with Kent lets cap the number at 8 tie two flies each and get them in the mail by the 16th. It will be fine if we have to wait until after Thanksgiving for you to sort and distribute flies.
    This will give some of us who want to participate, but have busy schedules, to stay in the swap.
    jesse clark

5. Surf_Candy

Surf_Candy Member

I bailed but got counted as in the swap- if you need me in I've looked at some patterns and could do it...but would rather tie them with less pressure!

Surf

6. Randy Diefert

Randy Diefert aka: Longears

blood worm swap.

So as I read you...
    we are keeping the door open on swap entrants until the ninth.
    You want the flies In you Hands on the 16th.
    you will in turn mail out the flies after Thanks giving but before the 30th?
    Is this correct so far?
    And you want 2 flies of the same (or may be different) pattern(s).
    And Nobody Late.
    That about got it?

You're the swapmeister. You make the rules but; everyone needs to be clear on what you want.

7. flylikeIdo

flylikeIdo Member

Ok so everyone has enough time, lets get them to me by the 16th. 2 flies either the same pattern or two different ones.

Please label them with your name and the name you call the fly if there is one. In fly swaps before I have usually put the recipie on a small piece of paper and hooked it to the fly, not necessary but its always interesting to know.

So get started now so you dont have to rush or keep Randy waiting!

I am sure there will be more to add.

8. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

I can mail my bloodworm swap flies off the first of the week (9th or 10th). Hey fly do we mail them to "Mr. FlylikeIdo" or do you want a real name on them?? Looking through the thread I couldn't get a name just a handle. Come on swappers and get those flies done so we can have them after thanksgiving like planned. :thumb:
    jesse clark

9. Kent Lufkin

I tied mine last night but it's now two days since Jesse's last post and I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this swap. Hope I'm wrong . . .

K

10. 2 Much Fishin

2 Much Fishin New Member

Mine are done too.

But Where oh Where is our swap-meister???

11. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Ok guys, here's the deal. I say if we don't hear from our swampmeister by Saturday and you haven't yet sent your flies out, that we elect a new swapmeister.

I'm game. Send them to me by the following Saturday (The 20th), I'll distribute accordingly and have them to you before Thanksgiving.

IRA Siebert
    5117 View Dr.
    Everett, Wa. 98203

12. 2 Much Fishin

2 Much Fishin New Member

I think that is very fair Ira, thanks for stepping up!
    I will hold my flies till Monday.

13. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Sounds fair to me I will have my flies to you by the 20th. I will let john clark know of the new arrangement and the address as he is not on the internet currently.
    jess clark

14. Kent Lufkin

hahahahahaha!

Randy and I had a PM exchange the other day about hijacking this swap but decided it wouldn't by PC. Glad to see there are other mutinous souls as well. I'll wait until Saturday and then send 'em to Ira.

K

15. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

I think it would be a good idea to get a count on who is really in on this swap.
    Sounds like we have confirmation of:
    Irafly
    jesse james
    John Clark
    Kent Lufkin
    Randy Diefert
    2muchfishin
    Surf Candy was in then out ?? how about it surf you in??
    and our missing Swapmiester Flown like I do..
    So how many flies do we send?? I have 16 tied but if there are only 6 or 7 of us no use sending them all. :confused:
    jesse clark

16. Randy Diefert

Randy Diefert aka: Longears

I'm in, just need to hear from the old/new swap meister. My flies are done.
    My original commitment stands. I tied 3 dozen flies. one dozen of each pattern (thinking he was "capping it at 8) whoever they get mailed to can distribute them as such ; one of each pattern for each participant and the swap meister can keep the rest and the "goodie bag" that I included for their efforts. If anyone wants the recipe or further information on the patterns that I submitted ; I will PM them to you. I no longer have a bad feeling about this swap , I've a bad taste in my mouth as well. There hasn't been much in the way of communication.

17. flylikeIdo

flylikeIdo Member

Hey Randy sorry I dont spend my life on the computer, I have actually been fishing the last several days. I went to Utah and fished the Provo river for 3 days, Caught more browns than I have in a long time. Then I went to hoodsport and caught a load of chums. And will be heading to california for thanksgiving next wednesday.

As I recall I wanted to get the flies shipped out much sooner than the 16th but someone talked me into waiting. I cant remember who that was do you? Anyhow enough bitching out of you folks, get your flies in the mail so I can have them by the 16th. If I have them all before then I can get them in the mail to you all by the 17th which is the day I leave. I had mine done the same day the swap started and I have not seen one package yet. So get on it or let me know you dont want to be a part of it.

Any questions I will look at later this afternoon and from there on out I will not be around a computer till next tuesday.

JR
    8129 NE 166th Street
    Kenmore, WA 98028

Quit bitching and start mailing.

18. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Randy:
    Glad you had a good time fishing I just wanted to know who to mail the flies to your original post did not have a name.. My flies will be in the mail by Monday at latest..
    jesse clark

19. flylikeIdo

flylikeIdo Member

Send them to:

John R.
    8129 NE 166th Street
    Kenmore, WA 98028

20. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

I'm in! And I'm Sending my flies to John R.

I only step up as a contingency plan, didn't mean to step on any toes. I'm excited about this swap. I'm sending two flies for each participant.

IRA..