Bloodworm Swap?

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by flylikeIdo, Oct 27, 2004.

1. 2 Much Fishin

2 Much Fishin New Member

No flies yet, I am hopeful that they will come today.. :confused:

2. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Check John R.s Edit to his last post they were mailed on the 8th it will be a couple of days before we get them..
    "Good things come to those who wait" :thumb:
    jesse clark

3. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Thanks Jesse, I was beginning to wonder just how slow the mail is during the holidays.

IRA..

4. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Anyone yet?

IRA..

5. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

I thought that you wet side guys might get flies today, if they were mailed last Wednesday. I did not get mine yet. Maybe tomorrow?? I sure am anxious to see what everybody tied. Holiday mail probably slowed things down.
    jesse clark :confused:

6. 2 Much Fishin

2 Much Fishin New Member

Nope, nothing yet. I have found mail during the holidays isnt as slow as people say it is. My guess is they were not mailed last Wednesday.

Swapmeister: Where are the flies? Have they been mailed yet?

Please give us an update.

7. flylikeIdo

flylikeIdo Member

Flies were mailed 12/14/04.

8. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Hey Fly thanks for being upfront about the swap. If they go out today it will be another nice Christmas present in the mail. Looking forward to seeing the flies.. all you swappers have a happy holiday.
    jesse clark

9. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

I picked mine out of the mailbox today, and realized that I did not add a paper post to mine. Mine are tied on a size 12 Daiichi # 1273. It's a red curved shank nymph hook, straight eye. I use a red super flosss that I tie off at the end for the "tail", then I wrap the super floss around the hook to the eye and leave a bit of the floss for the head.

Nice looking flies. I'll take pics and post them.

IRA..

10. Randy Diefert

Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Thanks Irafly

11. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

That was sure one big box of flies I got yesterday, especially considering the relatively few number of tyers participating. Thanks to all for your creativity, effort and for sending multiples. I can't wait to fish 'em.

K

12. 2 Much Fishin

2 Much Fishin New Member

Thank you all for such a great batch of flies! I am very impressed with the overall quality of the flies in this swap. :thumb:

Jed

13. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

In case you missed it, the flies are in the Gallery.

IRA..