Bloom on Pass yet...?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Roper, Jun 11, 2014.

1. I have a free weekend and am considering hitting Pass Lake. I know how to fish it (he says with great confidence:rolleyes: ) but want to know if the bloom has hit yet.

Roper

2. Clear and fishable as of Sunday.

3. Roper - what day ya thinking? I need a fix too and was thinking of heading south but would join you up north for the day. Tim, can you make it?

4. Hey Scott - Sunday is a possibility for me. That eagle keeps asking about you!

5. you'd be better off mowing your lawn and fishing next weekend as there will be less people,or working the weekend and buying a new sage one fly rod in 4 wt so you look new school cool !

6. Sunday might be the best for me too.

7. Sunday can work...

8. That works for me too. You still got some of dem brats? I'll have the barby in the back. And, with luck, I can remember the right hoses.....

I'll get out early and try to be there by 0800.

MB

9. Scott should i bring the backup again? Dont tell Ive but i haven't cleaned the grill since lost..

10. Bring the back up, ya never know..... I think you just told him:D

11. Tim, I still have a few thou left over from all the money I saved on the new truck. I can float you a loan for that new Weber.......

Ive

12. nothing is sacred any more, secrets are out...I'll bring the Brillo pad...:rolleyes:

And where the hell is Mooney...? Probably in the cookie jar...:D

13. I think a wire brush on a cordless drill may be required.

Islander is probably trying to catch up on the beer.....

14. Sunday kitchen pass in hand and rain jacket in my pack....what's for lunch?

15. Would like to join you guys, but the Confluence Fly Shop is having a Kid's fishing derby for blue gill on Fazon, so I'm taking my 2 8 yo grandkids out! Have fun! Rick

16. Roper - you still have brats? If not I can pick up the brats / buns and condiments. The barby will be in the back.

Rick, too bad about that but it sounds like you'll have fun with the grandkids.

Islander - where are you?

17. I've got it covered Scott, you bring the BBQ and all the fittings...:rolleyes::D

18. Good one....

19. So as an east sider I would expect west side lakes to be cooler in the summer and fishable, and consider them as some place I could go in the summer, so whats this "bloom" on pass lake?

Would the idea of a summer trip there whenever I might find the time, be unrealistic?

Jay

20. Okay, I will give my humbling report on Pass today. Got there at 0800, traveling from the south end by the SeaTac airport. Mr. Lockhart was already in the lake and easily identified by the side cast technique. Roper was rigging up and I would follow shortly.

I got one early and thought it would be a stellar day. Not to be. Hit the shore, threw some chronies, nada. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Mr. Lockhart in a casual, I don't give a darn attitude. I would see the bend in his rod and the glimpse of the net. Yep, another fish. As I travel towards him, I get this "There are a lot of fish in this area, I'll let you have it and I'll move down". A "reward" for my ineptitude. So, I step in, Roper wanders down, and nada. Over my shoulder I see Tim's net out again. So, I travel the shoreline, doing my best Mr. Lockhart imitation, nada. At this point, Roper and I have one to the net each, I don't even ask Tim (and, frankly, I don't want to know). So, what to do - lunch..... Head back to the launch, fire up the barby and cook up some mighty fine sweet pepper saugages, thanks to Roper. Had Stan, from Bellingham, join us for some conversation. A beer and some food in the belly, back to the lake.

So, I watched Tim from a distance, hmmmm, I can do that. Apparently not. Saw him bring a few more to the net. I managed two more after lunch. Roper and I called it quits about 1530. We left Tim to finish the day.

Apparently, Tim has a book out, "Stillwater Strategies" ( of which I have a signed copy), that I should probably read again AND put the suggestion to practice.

All kidding aside, I always enjoy company with good friends on any body of water. Roper & Tim, thanks for the nice Father's Day outing.

I'll sign off now, I got some reading to do.

MB