Blue flies

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by Norm Frechette, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Norm Frechette

Norm Frechette Googlemeister

Anybody have a midge or nymph pattern using blue materials they would like to share?

Blue has piqued my interest!

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I had some blue woven flies,but I gave them all away. Maybe the ones I gave them to could post a picture of them.

Jim

P/S Go to the home page and go to shops. Click on River Run Anglers and then woven flies. I can't tell you how to tie them as it is easier shown than told. Or one of the boys here will give you a link on how it is done.

Jim

3. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

I tie a soft hackle using the beautiful blue peacock breast feathers for the hackle. It has a peacock hurl body and an orange "tag" it is very effective fished in the surface around weed beds using a dry line. If your interested I could e-mail you the complete recipeor I could mail you a couple.
    jesse clark

4. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

flytire,

Jesse does tie a beautiful fly for sure. If it's blue you want this is the fly.

REE

5. willieboat

willieboat Member

Sorry to jump right off subject, since you are probabaly talking about trout.
    ;)
    A few years ago, a friend told me about an article that he'd read where the subject was how fish saw blue better than any other color. I rushed home and tied up these big blue marabou spey flies. I tied them on Alec Jackson 1.5 gold spey hooks. It had at least two marabou plumes palmered from back to front, a blue wet hackle, and white hackle tip wing. They were around 3.5 " long.
    Dude, I could do no wrong that summer on the Cowlitz. I had a four steelhead day once. Even gave one to my buddy who'd never caught a summer fish on a fly. Yep he did that day.

Well, as fish stories go, I never was able to get many hook ups on that fly since then. I've sinced changed it to black.

I think that it's faith in the fly to be sucessful with SH.

6. Jeremy Husby

Jeremy Husby Is there a Vahalla for fishermen?

I tie this damsel nymph pattern if it is any help to you:

to make a nymph change this;

Tail: marabou to hen fibers

Attached Files: