Blue flies

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by Norm Frechette, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Norm Frechette

Norm Frechette Googlemeister

Media:
    Anybody have a midge or nymph pattern using blue materials they would like to share?

Blue has piqued my interest!

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I had some blue woven flies,but I gave them all away. Maybe the ones I gave them to could post a picture of them.

Jim

P/S Go to the home page and go to shops. Click on River Run Anglers and then woven flies. I can't tell you how to tie them as it is easier shown than told. Or one of the boys here will give you a link on how it is done.

Jim

3. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Media:
    I tie a soft hackle using the beautiful blue peacock breast feathers for the hackle. It has a peacock hurl body and an orange "tag" it is very effective fished in the surface around weed beds using a dry line. If your interested I could e-mail you the complete recipeor I could mail you a couple.
    jesse clark

4. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Media:
    flytire,

Jesse does tie a beautiful fly for sure. If it's blue you want this is the fly.

REE

5. willieboat

willieboat Member

Media:
    Sorry to jump right off subject, since you are probabaly talking about trout.
    ;)
    A few years ago, a friend told me about an article that he'd read where the subject was how fish saw blue better than any other color. I rushed home and tied up these big blue marabou spey flies. I tied them on Alec Jackson 1.5 gold spey hooks. It had at least two marabou plumes palmered from back to front, a blue wet hackle, and white hackle tip wing. They were around 3.5 " long.
    Dude, I could do no wrong that summer on the Cowlitz. I had a four steelhead day once. Even gave one to my buddy who'd never caught a summer fish on a fly. Yep he did that day.

Well, as fish stories go, I never was able to get many hook ups on that fly since then. I've sinced changed it to black.

I think that it's faith in the fly to be sucessful with SH.

6. Jeremy Husby

Jeremy Husby Is there a Vahalla for fishermen?

Media:
    Home Page:
    I tie this damsel nymph pattern if it is any help to you:

to make a nymph change this;

Tail: marabou to hen fibers

Attached Files: