Boat Cart Advice for Frameless Pontoon Boats?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Gregg Lundgren, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Islander

Islander Steve

Nice set up Gregg. Looks like a winner!

2. Wayne Kohan

Wayne Kohan fish-ician

Media:
    Love it Gregg. Thanks for posting. I am doing that.

Wayne

3. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

Gregg, very nicely done. That is a huge raft! You should put your Kodiak on top of it and post a picture, just to put it in perspective. Fred.

4. Gregg Lundgren

Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

Media:
    Thanks guys. I believe the Assault XX is only 1.5' longer than the Kodiak. I almost put the Kodiak on top for a pic, but thought it should be strapped down for effect, and I didn't have any straps long enough.:(

The dimensions for the plywood board are 20" x 56". I do have two 20' straps on order, along with a couple of 4' straps. The 4' straps will be just long enough to thread the Boat Wheeler onto the board with less excess to work with.

When going solo with the Kodiak lightly loaded, I will likely just lash the Boat Wheeler to the tube at the open end. Then, pull it from the other end using the WM handle (Alex style).:)

5. Wayne Kohan

Wayne Kohan fish-ician

Media:
    Gregg, I was able to mount mine under the seat for the trip into Lenice yesterday, then loaded all my stuff behind the seat to head to the lake. It was easy to lift and pull. Then when I finished, it was easier to mount to the front so I did it that way, but now I was lifting up the back end, which is where all the weight is. It was much tougher though it was downhill most of the way. That is why I am excited about the plywood board you made and plan to do that.

Wayne