NFR Boehner gets a boner...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jamie Wilson, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +798 / 1
    +1 on pulling the lever and flushing this and any that follow. We get it already...the forum is as polarized as our nation and elected leaders. Now stop all the pissing and bantering and get back to the One Word Contest :D
  2. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +354 / 3
    Yeah it is hard to piss AND banter in one word it would take two posts.
    jesse
  3. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,718 / 0
    Hey, I resemble that remark! I likes my Subie, one of the greatest fishing rigs ever invented. Let's see, for political content, why do conservatives usually prefer to drive gas guzzlers? a. they are rich one-percenters, so fuel cost is irrelevant; b. they like sending a significant % of their disposable income to Arab sheiks; c. they need to drag big campers or trailers fishing cuz they're not tough enough to sleep on the ground; d. . . .
  4. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,706 / 2
    I'm a liberal and drive a gas guzzling F-150. Fuck me, right?
  5. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,718 / 0
    You're an anomoly Evan, no matter what you drive.
    dfl likes this.
  6. Jim Speaker Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +518 / 0
    This site is about fishing. NFR does not infer that one can say stupid crap. Just kill the thread, Ed, before I tell people what I really think (that has nothing to do with fishing).
  7. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Mission accomplished!
  8. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Just an idea... you could, y'know... Not click on the thread. Some of us with a sense of humor are busy goofing off, let us be.
    David Dalan, Dan Nelson, dfl and 2 others like this.
  9. Brady Burmeister Active Member

OH
    Ratings: +161 / 0
    "I hate this thread and all the stupid crap people write on it. I'm just gonna read it a few more times to see if I can hate it more." - JS (just random initials, no one in particular)
  10. Jim Speaker Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    A) the title of this thread is stupid and childish. I thought FB was the source of such childish crap.

B) conservatives do not fall into a particular financial grouping and are such as a result of firmly held fiscal and moral principles.

C) conservatives don't drive Subarus because of not wanting to be incorrectly identified as liberals.

D) if conservatives were all 1% then there'd be nothing to vote about, liberals would be 99% (which many seem to think they are).

E) the notion that conservatives throw money around and don't care about fuel conservation is incorrect. The above was likely a joke, but still.

F) conservatives sleep in tents, and on the ground, and catch big ass fish in the rain and snow.
  11. Brady Burmeister Active Member

OH
    I would've thought point A would preclude you from listing the rest of your points. Guess not.
  12. Jim Speaker Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    Live and learn, huh?
  13. Billy McFly Active Member

Edmonds WA
    Ratings: +63 / 0
    HAHA - My disdain for Tip grew when he killed the term limits bill....

Correction - I think it was Tom Foley who killed the Term limits Bill. HE lost his re-election bid to George Nethercutt who promised to revise it and only serve one term. He change his mind when he saw how $$ he could make in congress.

Both sides are full of clowns - I don't understand how anyone can pick a party and think they're right...
    nailbender and Lugan like this.
  14. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,739 / 0
    LOL :D

(The only thing I have against Subies around here is that the owners can't seem to drive them as fast as the speed limit... I don't get it. I know the things can move at least as fast as the posted speed limit but evidently not in this county. It's a mystery. :rolleyes:)
  15. Brady Burmeister Active Member

OH
    I love that you keep coming back. Do you eat meals you hate 5 times a week too?
    dfl likes this.
  16. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    False. My best friend is a Subaru driving conservative who has been fly fishing for several years and still sucks at it. Me, the big truck driving liberal usually guides him in to fish. He also hates the cold and sleeps in a motorhome when we camp.
    dfl likes this.
  17. Jim Speaker Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    You and our friend are the anomalies then! :)
  18. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Well, he is in the military and has parts of various guns scattered about said Subaru.
  19. Brady Burmeister Active Member

OH
    Question: I have '96 5.7 liter GMC 1500 and a '12 Subaru Impreza 5 speed that I drive as fast I can. I have a gun and am pro-gay marriage. Where do I fit in this mess?
    dfl likes this.
  20. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    If I had a Subaru, you and I would be of the same ilk. Except for that whole Ford vs Chevy thing. That can take on a whole new level of bitterness that can exceed political differences.
    dfl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.