NFR Boehner gets a boner...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jamie Wilson, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie Wilson

Jamie Wilson Active Member

OK
    In other news...
    Looks like Boehner can't get it up any longer

2. plaegreid

plaegreid Saved by the buoyancy of citrus

They have a pill for that.

Or get a stick and some twine, that'll do in a pinch.

3. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Yeah, he got a boner, but it wan't his own....

4. GAT

GAT Active Member

Yes they do... but after four hours you're supposed to freak out... and well you should! :)

5. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Thank you GOP! I got a lot of fence post holes dug, some fly lines and rods tested, and some cutthroat fished for and caught, so the time off wasn't wasted. Unfortunately the work I get paid for that was late due to the lawyer is now 2 weeks later.

6. Lugan

Lugan Joe Streamer

It's hard to blame this on the GOP in its entirety. They are having a serious internal struggle of the establishment GOP vs. the tea party insurgents, and part of it played out in a way that unnecessarily damaged the country's economy and made us look weak internationally. Hopefully they'll get their internal struggle sorted out in less damaging ways going forward.

7. Porter

Porter Active Member

Actually I hope they don't, I would love to see the gop falter, especially the tea party. I want them (Cruz, Rand, Cantor, etc. to fail and be voted out on their next elections.

cabezon likes this.
  8. Jamie Wilson

It is becoming more difficult to differentiate - GOP/TP
    I believe the TP is really becoming a burden on the GOP and the latest was just results.
    Sweet huh?

9. Jamie Wilson

Watch..... they will run tight races and it will be close.
    Unbelievable

10. GAT

GAT Active Member

Time for a viable third party made up of moderate Elephants and Donkeys.

Irafly and Lugan like this.
  11. Jamie Wilson

Honestly Gene I believe term limits would solve a lot of problems. Look how many 'services' could become obsolete...
    lobbyists
    PACS
    Supreme Court
    The influence would change dramatically I think

Dave Kaiserman likes this.
  12. Lugan

Lugan Joe Streamer

Jamie - In many House districs, gerrymandering has ensured that races won't be close. There are way too many "safe" GOP and democrat districts. So the fight is at the primary level, where mostly the highly motivated partisans (who tend to be extremists) vote. Some states out east even have highly restrictive rules about who can even vote in a primary, like having to be a registered party member. That filters out a lot of the moderate voters, and thus we get these wild-eyed candidates who are nearly assured of winning.

GAT - Great idea. Hard to make that happen given the current election system: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/24/opinion/24friedman.html?_r=2&

dfl likes this.
  13. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

My solution:
    debate.jpg

14. plaegreid

plaegreid Saved by the buoyancy of citrus

Made up of moderate BULL MOOSE!

#bringbackthebullmooseparty #zombieroosevelt2016 #thirdpartiesftw #icandreamdammit #thecigarsandwhiskeyparty #yolo #bieberfever

15. Jason Rolfe

Jason Rolfe Wanderer

I'd like to get a coffee table book of Bobo photoshops.

Irafly and plaegreid like this.
  16. Kaiserman

Kaiserman content

So... essentially you got paid for all that? Must be nice! If I take time off, I don't get paid. Waiting two weeks to get paid for having fun and getting some chores done doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Why did you have to get a lawyer?

Maybe they'll pull this off again in a couple of months, and you can do it all over again! :D

17. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows The Thought Train

you roll with the pigs... you're gonna get dirty. 62% of the House GOP voted against the continuing resolution... so there's really not much left of any establishment GOP.

18. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

A clear distinction between a party whose members votes reflect the will of those they represent vs. a party that votes to support an ideology and dare not challenge their party leaders.

19. Billy McFly

Billy McFly Active Member

In the House the tea party runs the GOP.

20. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Excellent job recognizing that the GOP members that voted yes for the resolution finally listened to their constituents. People were screaming all across the country for a resolution in every district.

Oh wait, did you mean it the other way around?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.