NFR Boehner gets a boner...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jamie Wilson, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Media:
    I will leave you to wrestle with that riddle. Now that we've resolved the annoying dilemma, Americas new mantra should be "Go for Broke".

2. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

Lobbyists should be illegal ... there should be no K Street. But they are so excepted by our government that the lobbyist have their own section in the congressional news website The Hill. That's ridiculous!

I thought the idea was that voters decided on our government, not special interest groups who buy members of Congress. Why bother even voting when a lobbyist will end up influencing the person you voted for.

And yes, there should be term limits, even for the Supreme Court Justices... what's up with this appointed for life crap? That's right out the King George handbook.

3. Billy McFly

Billy McFly Active Member

5 things I would like to see happen.......

1 - Campaign Reform - Political campaigns would be limited to 12 Weeks with a max money cap of $250,000 expenditure.

2 - Campaign Finance Reform - No individual or group would be allowed to donate more than $1,000 to a campaign. Anyone caught offering or receiving monies greater than $1000 would be arrested for bribery. Because that's what it is

3 - Lobbyist max donation to an elected official would be $1000. Any trips or outings or meals or whatever would be included in this $ limit. Anyone caught offering or receiving monies greater than $1000 would be arrested for bribery/Treason. Because that's what it is

4 - Term limits! Three 2-year terms for Congress and Two 6-year terms for the Senate. The Supreme court is a tough one because they seem to be lees about constitutional law and more about supporting the political position of who ever appointed them. I would like to see a different way of filling positions on the supreme court. Maybe a nationwide 12 week election. They would be limited to two 4 year terms.

5 - I.Q. tests.

Jim Ficklin, dfl, PT and 1 other person like this.
  4. Mingo

Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

Media:
    Nicely said. But if you implement #5, Washington DC and Olympia would be ghost towns filled with the sounds of crickets chirping...

5. weiliwen

weiliwen Active Member

Media:
    The most liberal Chief Supreme Court Justice of recent times, Earl Warren, was appointed by a Republican, and there are other examples of Republican-appointed Justices who have ended up on the left side of the SC, so it's not always true that the justices always follow the political leanings of their appointers.

Alex MacDonald likes this.
  6. Bill Aubrey

Bill Aubrey Active Member

I won't get into detail on my long winded political philosophy--I basically think they all are worthless--but there are the screwers and the screwees. Anybody here even personally know any screwers?

7. Billy McFly

Billy McFly Active Member

Yes there are a FEW examples as you say but not enough to justify the whole appointment for life thing as it is setup now. if you look at the court right now, I would love to see some of those guys up for re-election. Of course this would only work if people got out and voted....

Jamie Wilson likes this.
  8. PT

PT Physhicist

We could put the SC justices up for election but would only re-confirm their nomination to the court. We don't approve of congress but continually re-elect the same people to office. BLAAAAHHHHHH! Where's the sticking my finger down my throat and vomiting emoticon?

In 2012, Congressional approval averaged 15 percent, the lowest in nearly four decades of Gallup polling. And yet, 90 percent of House Members and 91 percent of Senators who sought re-election won last November.
    The seeming paradox between the low regard with which people hold Congress and the high rate of re-election of incumbents is explained well by new data released by Gallup on Thursday that points to a simple reality: People hate Congress but (generally) like their Member of Congress.

Gallup found that 46 percent of respondents said they approved of “the way the representative from your congressional district is handling his or her job” while 41 percent disapproved. That’s in spite of the fact that overall Congressional approval was at just 16 percent in the same survey and hasn’t been higher than 24 percent since the start of 2011.
    Even more fascinating, Gallup asked a different set of respondents if they could name their Congressman and his/her party and then followed up with a question on whether they approved of the person.
    Roughly one in three people (35 percent) could name their Member of Congress — that was surprisingly high, at least to us — and, of that group, 62 percent approve of how their Member of Congress is going about their job while 32 percent disapprove. ”Americans who say they can name their congressional representative skew older, more highly educated and somewhat Republican,” writes Gallup’s Elizabeth Mendes.

9. dfl

dfl Active Member

I like the sound of chirping crickets.

plaegreid likes this.
  10. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

I believe that would be the sound of anarchy... that form of government isn't working out so great in Somalia.

Irafly likes this.
  11. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Home Page:
    bobokji.jpg
    Bobo's campaign becomes an existential threat to Kim Jong Il...

Irafly likes this.
  12. Jamie Wilson

Jamie Wilson Active Member

Does Dennis Rodman fly fish????
    If so I'm thinkin' new thread....
    Fishin' in the hood....No Korea style

13. Jamie Wilson

Jamie Wilson Active Member

BTW
    Does the Photoshop Icon shave the pits????

14. ribka

ribka Active Member

Bingo

15. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Eight pages of politics. Enough said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.