Boo! or Booyah for Beulah?

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Nooksack Mac, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Nooksack Mac

Nooksack Mac Active Member

Does anyone have any experience with the fly rods and blanks of Beulah Rods? This Medford, Oregon-tackle maker features these Chinese-made, IM-8 rods that sound like they could be excellent values.

2. Nooksack Mac

To answer my own question:

I bought a Beulah 9-foot, 6-weight, 3-piece blank at a near-giveaway price, and just built it. It is a fast, strong, no-nonsense line launcher that handles WF7F line equally well. It's not as sweet in the hand as my other 6-weights, but it does give me an extra 10-20 feet. I'll reach for this one when the winds blow.

3. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I bought a korean fly rod while i was stationed there and what a piece of shit. it is a 6weight that came with a fighting butt and feels like my 8 weights. everything about korea was awesome except this rod.

4. Nooksack Mac

Re the above rod: I fitted it with an American Tackle Company A5 reel seat: black aluminum, uplocking, with a jadewood barrel, whose green with gold streaks, bizarrely grained texture nicely compliments the Beulah's glossy dark green color. I included three burl cork rings in the handle, which I shaped into my preferred thumb-grip style. TiCh guides will let me use this in salt water as well as fresh. I tried something new, which worked well: section end-wraps with embossed gold tinsel as allignment lines. I worked a little harder on appearance than usual with this rod. I wish I was set up to include photos for the tackle gallery. And all this for well under $100.

5. papafsh

papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Media:
    Home Page:
    That sounds awsome, I wish you could put a picture of on the board too!

LB