Boy Scout Merrit Badge

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Tom Grobelny, Nov 29, 2005.

1. well said Tom!

3. Thanks for the idea, guys. I agree with some that don't think it will cure these kids from their current "behavior". About half the kids,(or less), are good kids, but the rest are unlike any Boy Scouts I have ever had contact with. I live in a small town, so recruits are scarce, and we are stuck with this troop for now. We just got a new leader whom we have worked with all through Cub Scouts and Weblos, so I have faith. I hate to bring up the old addage "spare the rod, spoil the child", but man! Anyway, I will come up with the ff merit badge book and look it over, as a parent, I feel it my duty to contribute in any way I can, and if it gets just one kid out fishing and enjoying nature, I will have done my job. Thanks again, Bob.

4. Dirk,

For a quick look at the requirements for the ff merit badge you can look up www.meritbadges.com. This site will only give you the requirements, not the content that the boys are supposed to know.

When are you thinking about getting started? I am scheduled to start our program on April. If you like, I will drop you a PM at that time and let you know about any pitfalls that I run across.

Tom G