BreAking news

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Evan Virnoche, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Daniel caught and landed his first official steelhead today.

As Daniels steelhead agent he will be on later to post the details

2. Holy shit!! On purpose?

3. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAN

4. Pics, sworn affidavits, raw video, DNA test, or it didn't happen....

Steve

Jamie Wilson, Darthmonkey and Ed Call like this.
  5. Apparently I'm going to fish the sky tomorrow.

6. Deleted

7. Deleted

CLO and David Dalan like this.
  8. I hate to sow seeds of doubt, but I've caught some resident bows on S-rivers that look remarkably similar to that, if a little smaller. Could be a small post-spawn 1-salt winter run buck, though that's sounds about as rare as they come... Noticeable snout, blotchy cheeks, muted stripe, darker belly, and darker fins have me thinking it's not a summer run. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer. It's just that the fish is an interesting one for this time of year. Steelhead or not, that fish is a beautiful rarity.

9. Sorry bud but that's a resi rainbow!

Keep casting its gonna happen soon and it'll be black on white chrome, and very angry. You're doing something right fish are eating your flies :)

10. Spots below the lateral line = resident rainbow.

11. Was gonna post the same thing. At most, it's one of those "half salts" that go to the estuary then back up. But yeah, full on Pacific dwelling steelhead, not likely.

12. awww shit son, i called it a half pounder.

Cruik one of the guides was saying the other day they have caught a couple of these so called "half pounders" or 1 salt fish

13. Yeah, the Sky has a surprising number of them. That's likely what it is. "Half salt" or "half pounder." Same thing. So, it's kind of sort of but not really his first steelhead.

14. Are you an unemployed steelhead agent now ? :p

golfman44 and Evan Virnoche like this.
  15. the one he hooked opening day was a full blown steelhead, unfortunately i was not there for this one. Had i been he probably would have a hooked a big one.

Looks like i need to touch up on my PR tactics as daniel's steelhead liasion

golfman44 likes this.
  16. Great fish anyway. Guess you guys will just have to keep going out fishing. Bummer :D

golfman44 likes this.
  17. Wait are you guys saying the streamside victory blow job I gave him wasn't actually earned? FUCK

stilly stalker and underachiever like this.
  18. Better than mine (especially since I haven't ever caught one!)! Keep flingin` that fly, Dan!

19. Awesome