Bridge collapse

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by KerryS, May 23, 2013.

1. jjaims Make fishin’ your mission

Tacoma
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    Actually the spending hasn't decreased at all. It just hasn't increased at the same predetermined levels. Anytime this happens people claim that it is a " cut " for their own political purposes.
  2. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +715 / 2
    These charts and this information might be wrong. Only a quick search led to them. Are they inaccurate? Or, are you now going to break it into % of GDP or some other interpretation?

usgs_chart2p11.png WA-spending_2011.png
  3. Jim Speaker Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +507 / 0
    HEY!!! Remember what this post was about? Sheesh. Let it die. Seriously.

Edit: ironic who liked this post. Super funny. Don't like this, don't reply... let it die.
    PT and dryflylarry like this.
  4. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,224 / 0
    "Civics is, by nature, a dirty business."

K
    dryflylarry likes this.
  5. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +345 / 3
    As political discussions go this thread has been civil. After we got past the first few posts the discussion has been informative and I have appreciated the give and take without the drama.
    Let's face it folks everything we do has a political side we need to learn to have discussions without degenerating into the name calling crap.
  6. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +770 / 1
    It's interesting how this disaster has brought out the loonies. I have found the insight to them delightful and mildly entertaining. It has also cemented my opinion of them beyond a shadow of a doubt. To those of you who have stayed compassionate and caring, thank God you're the majority here.
    Ed Call and Bonefish Jack like this.
  7. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +202 / 0
    Problem solved....

Some of you may have seen the national news about an Interstate Highway bridge that collapsed into a large river, after having been struck by a truck carrying an oversize load.

That bridge is 2.5 miles from my office. The dunking of the bridge section has caused major disruptions in traffic and overall business commerce in our area.

But I’m glad to report emergency repairs are underway and necessary components have arrived, just today…….

Wait for it……..

[IMG]
  8. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +202 / 0
    The picture didn't copy. Flat bed truck "Emergency Bridge Repair Crew" with a big roll of duct tape in the back.
  9. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +318 / 1
    I just wonder if the driver wasn't an officer in the Royal Canadians and if they are up there staging for the Pig War, Part Deux. What an opportune time. Practice your Ay Kerry. They're comin.
    "Good news Honey, free medical".