Broken Danvise....replacement parts

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Josh, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +507 / 2
    Broken Danvise....replacement parts?

So I am the proud owner of a broken Danvise. My first night tying with it, I was trying to tighten it down so that it wouldn't rotate, then *pop* the center "spindle" thing broke. See photo below for a better explanation.

I bought the vise from a fellow here on the board, it was new, but I don't have any receipt for it. Nor can I find any N. American office to contact even if I thought they would cover this as a warranty issue.

I know you can get replacement jaws, but what about other parts?

[IMG]
  2. mozart Chris

Ferndale, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I was the seller. I contacted the man himself, Al Beatty. He's sending a replacement part today. Sorry for the inconvenience Josh. As discussed on the phone, I'll give you a holler once the part arrives.

BTW, Al was a nice guy and was very understanding. I'm actually very surprised I was actually able to speak to him. I figured since he's probably such a busy guy that he would have a secretary answer the phone!
  3. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    This was rad of both mozart and Al Beatty. Neither of them really had to go through the trouble. But I'm stoked and thankful that they did.
  4. FT Active Member

Burlington, WA
    Ratings: +102 / 0
    Al Beaty and his wife Gretchen are class acts and great people. By-the-way, they don't have a secretary, they do everything themselves for their business.
  5. Dick Warnke was Pram-Man

Federal Way Wa
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Does anyone know of a local source for a Dubbing Brush Spinning Machine? I have found a couple on line and sent emails but can't get any responce. I found an outfit in NJ that makes one but its like $120.00 bucks and I'm not crazy about the design. The only other one I can find has to come from Europe. Any ideas??? I posted this in the wrong place now I don't know how to get it out of here???
  6. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    Got to agree with FT, Al and Gretchen are class acts all the way. I think Gretchen outfishes Al though.

REE
  7. mozart Chris

Ferndale, WA
    Well the part came in today. Does this look like the right part Josh?

Thanks again to Al for shipping the part so quick. However, at least he could have included the right postage :p
  8. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    That is exactly the part. You rule Chris.

I'll get you that 31 cents. Let me dig through my penny jar...
  9. mozart Chris

Ferndale, WA
    Haha..no worries. I won't go on welfare for that 31 cents..I can manage :D

Almost through with dinner..call you in a bit..
  10. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Replacement part is in my hand and vise is back together. Hooray!
  11. mozart Chris

Ferndale, WA
    Good to hear Josh. Now get your tie on so you can join us in some of the swaps!