Buck Lake on B.I. - Input?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Pieter Salverda, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Pieter Salverda

Pieter Salverda Member

Home Page:
    Does anyone have any input, suggestions, or reports for Buck Lake near Hansville? I am going to be staying out there Thursday - Sunday and thought I would bring the tube and rod if it was worth some time. I have found some gear reports for bass, but there are supposed to be some good sized trout in there as well. Any success stipping buggers down deep? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Pieter

2. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

Media:
    well it sure isnt on B.I.

if i were up that way i would be fishing cohos instead of buck lake...

3. Pieter Salverda

Pieter Salverda Member

Home Page:
    How and where? Can I spey cast from the beach? Any suggestions for patterns?

4. WT

WT Active Member

Checkout the saltwater forum on this site, good stuff over there.
    WT

5. zaguitart

zaguitart New Member

Going into Hansville instead of taking a left turn to go Bucks Lake...take a right turn and go to Point No Point Lighthouse. You will probably have to cast overhead if your using your spey rod. Clouser minnows pink/white or chartruese/white are popular.

6. Surf_Candy

Surf_Candy Member

Media:
    Buck is a stocker lake, there might be a few trout left. I'd hit PnP as well - make sure you have the saltwater addition to your license, catch record card, pen and are using barbless hooks.

Hit it early (before it gets light to get a spot on the beach), and at low tide change. It is harder to fish on high tide for parts of the beach due to lack of back cast room. If you do hit it at high tide head to the point and around the corner a bit. You can spey cast.

7. Pieter Salverda

Pieter Salverda Member

Home Page:
    Thanks for the input. Now for the REALLY stupid question...how to read a tide table. I am only guessing when the water is far away from teh beach, the tide is "out," and when it is right on the beach, it is "in," but how do I know from the tide table when to hit the beach?

Sorry to be such a frickin rookie. I feel like the first time I was on the first tee box with my dad and two brothers and twenty people were waiting behind us. FORE!!!

8. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

Media:
    click on the "tides" link on the top of the page in the gray bar... far right side...
    it doesnt have to be exact but i like to fish the last 2 hrs on an out going and first hour of the incoming...
    http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/tides/WA/20070731/Port Ludlow/
    the bottom of the dip was a little after 12. thats when low tide was today. and the coho fishing was very good up there according to a friend