Burkie 8134

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by square tail, Mar 11, 2012.

1. square tail Member

vancouver british columbia
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Does anybody have this rod looking at adding it to my ever growing Spey rod collection. Looking to find out the action of it a my collection includes a old sage 9140 tcx7119 switch looms glx dredger7/8 and CNd black Spey 5/6/7 and Cnd solstice 14'3 8/9 think this would be a nice addition any thoughts? Here great things about burkies
  2. laskier98 Member

truckee,ca
    The 8134 is a rod that everyone seems to like a lot. It is a great greaseliner and also throws the heavy junk too with a 600 skagit compact. It can also be made with a stiffer tip section that would make it even better lifting heavy tips and flies. You can't go wrong with this one.

Pete
  3. segge Member

Puyallup, WA
    I have the 8134 and also had Kerry make me the "s" tip so I had a spare on a Dean River trip.
    The rod rocks ... with a compact skagit a 570 or a 600 works well ... The S tip is nice with skagit work as it picks up the line with more authority and launches it well. I use the regular tip when throwing scandi heads. This is one rod that I'll never part with.

Steve Egge
  4. Mike T Active Member

Gig Harbor, WA
    Ratings: +55 / 1
    Call Mike at Lost Creek Flies in Onalaska. He's got a great stock of Burkies, both demos and for sale. www.lostcreekflies.com