Bush bunnies

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by flatheadmatt, Apr 6, 2011.

1. doublespey Steelhead-a-holic

Bothell, WA
    Ratings: +22 / 0
    What was that old saying, "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching us" . . . . or something like that.

I don't particularly want to be a spey-casting sideshow, but I also realize that people are naturally curious and like to watch / ask questions.

I like Panhandle's story about being cussed out by a Frank Moore. I've been low-holed by a few legends but they haven't yelled at me (yet).

I'd kinda prefer the yelling - at least they're protecting the river and you can still keep fishing. Once a legend low-holes you, your fishing in that spot is pretty much done. :hmmm:

Cheers,

Brian
  2. Ian Broadie Flyfishing is so "Metal"

Kirkland, Washington
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    The old showman in me thinks it's kinda fun, I try to step up my own game when I know I'm being watched and see if I can't squeak the occasional ooooo or ahhh out of them. Lord help my swollen ego if I catch something while being watched :D.
  3. golfman65 Guest

Ratings: +5 / 0
    your "no no place" ...god I think I just spit all my coffee out...
  4. 1morecast Active Member

Port Angeles
    Ratings: +49 / 0
    Geezz, Relax, breathe through your nose... or just get further off the road.
  5. gearhead Active Member

Renton, wa
    Ratings: +45 / 0
    what the heck makes you think he was watching you, sheeeesh get over yourself. maybe you were the one blocking his view. but maybe he was turned on by your backside and backhand, or maybe he was just watching you while his buddie was looking in your car. ya just never know.....
  6. flatheadmatt Member

Alberton MT
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    agreed! I just find it funny that someone would want to sit and watch me fish....I dunno, I like solitude and lack of audience....just my preference! I could hike further off the beaten path, but didnt think I should have too. Maybe ive been in the bush too loooooooong.........
  7. flatheadmatt Member

Alberton MT
    How did you know I used to live off petty creek??
  8. Ryan Nathe Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    I think he just wanted to see your cackhand.
  9. soundflycaster Member

Mossyrock, WA
    Ratings: +11 / 0
    A little touchy eh? Sometime guys can be annoying but most of the time people are cool about it, stay quite and keep their distance. I fish enough popular and close to the road spots that it is unreasonable to expect alone time. I can still have a good time if there are people there or not.
  10. _WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Skagit River
    Ratings: +648 / 0
    I don't have any idea who Frank Moore is, but I'm sure I can ignore any old coot who decides to start screaming at me...:)
  11. Leroy Laviolet Aint no nookie like chinookie

do'n it 4 the chinookie

I'd scream back, LOUDER ... No "Legend" or anyone else should act like an asshole to someone on the river- Never heard of him either. Maybe a "legend in his own mind" - guys in our sport need to stop worrying about what the other guy is doing, and live and let live-
    I parked my buddies sled on the snake this year at the head of run. Later a older doode came in below parked and walked up the bank to visit. He told me I was in a great run, but parked in the front where another so called "Legend" liked to fish, skate dries- He said if he were to see me there he'd chew my arce- I told him, if he were to show up , and chew my arce, it would certainly not be worth it for him, and when I was done with my rebuttal, he most surely would change his behavior pattern. It's way past time that guys get over themselves with this I'm a hotshot fly steelhead guy and way better than the rest , and can tell everyone else what to do and not to do on the river. Be cordial, and communicate , and if you find someone who simply can't be dealt with fairly , simply turn and go to the next run. Before you fire up the boat, do be sure to look back and make sure they make it out of the river though...:thumb:
  12. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

I don't get the problem, I watch other anglers fish once in a while to see if I can learn anything.. He may of thought you would be more bothered by him interrupting you anyways! I've run into more than a few guys who don't want to talk, actually my favorite was an ass I met out in Yellowstone years ago, who wouldn't give me the time of day since I was rockin' ghetto fishin' gear and not the latest and greatest shizz! He was the type of guy who gives flyfisher's a bad name... snotty, arrogant and an a$$!

Oh yeah, next time I see someone fishing I'll play my banjo and the famous song from Deliverence and hollar "Squeal pig boy, squeal!" - that should clear out my spot and I won't have to head upstream a mile or so!
  13. Panhandle Active Member

Selkirk Mountains, Idaho Panhandle
    Ratings: +23 / 0
    Frank Moore of the North Umpqua? Come on guys, that's unacceptable.
  14. flatheadmatt Member

Alberton MT
    Like I said before. I prefer to fish without an audience, just a personal preference. Im not a snob and I could care less what somebody else is wearing. I just like some alone time on the water from time to time.....
  15. Leroy Laviolet Aint no nookie like chinookie

do'n it 4 the chinookie
    I'd agree, if he chewed your ass, that's unacceptable, we agree-:thumb:
    Might you have been doing the "booty dance" mid river, and that's what caused the chew'n ???:rofl: Conveniently left out a particular Pan ??:rofl::rofl:
  16. floatinghat Member

near enough to Seattle
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    With you on that one! hard to call yourself a steelheader and not know of Frank Moore and what he has done for steelhead.
  17. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +565 / 0
    I think you should go buy yourself some "whiskey" and mellow out. Sorry pal.
  18. Ian Broadie Flyfishing is so "Metal"

Kirkland, Washington
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    Probably not going to happen anytime soon... The population of this wider region is 4,087,033
  19. 1morecast Active Member

Port Angeles
    Ratings: +49 / 0
    Have to agree with you on this.
  20. Leroy Laviolet Aint no nookie like chinookie

do'n it 4 the chinookie
    Ok. I'm not a steelheader- I didn't know you had to know certain people to be one .
    Being a "steelheader" is all about who ya know after all, and how much bullshit you can talk about it on the internet, that's the measure of a real steelheader...:ray1:
    Is Frank Moore related to Al Goore ?:confused: