Bush Point Land Slide (Whidbey Island)

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Jeff Dodd, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +354 / 0
    The beach north of the boat launch had a land slide cover it this winter and it nearly blocks access to miles of beach north toward the State Park. it is passable but tough going with rods, especially at higher tides. Climbing over debris, soil and through trees branches.

I had hoped the County or Port might clear the slide, but the big slide up north has tapped County resources, and the fishermen are the only ones who really care I imagine. It's a big job.

If you walk in from the State Park you can fish as far South as you want, but it is a trek to good water.

Lots of beaches to fish on Whidbey, but this beach is fishy and popular, so thought I would post a heads up.
    miyawaki likes this.
  2. gabe0430 Banned or Parked

Ratings: +31 / 0
    Hi, How long a walk to you think it is from the state park to the landslide? I am OK wiht walking, just wanted to gage the time needed?
  3. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +838 / 1
    Thanks Jeff. How far past the houses? Is it near white rock?

Leland.
  4. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +354 / 0
    Leland
    Not close to White rock. From the boat launch (restaurant) it's just a shot walk to where the landslide hit the beach. just past the last sign that marks the end of private property. The worst spot.

I will try and get down to take a photo this weekend so you have an idea what you are getting into

Gabe - the walk from the Park to the land slide is several miles I imagine. Lots of beach to fish along the way.
    miyawaki likes this.
  5. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +838 / 1
    For you guys who don't know, camping at South Whidbey State Park, walking down to the beach, fishing for salmon, cooking one for dinner, and fishing some again at night is almost as good as it can get.

Leland.
    WT and Jeff Dodd like this.
  6. mtskibum16 Active Member

Puget Sound Beaches
    Ratings: +209 / 0
    Good tip. I've been wanting to camp up on Whidbey and do some fishing and mountain biking.