Bush Point - Whidbey : Beware

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Ron Crawford, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Fished there Friday morning.

Arrived to find over 100 gear chuckers strung out on the beach to the north as far as the eye could see. Now I am not averse to this - God knows I have fished Dash and Browns point enough to happily coexist. But this was a TON OF GUYS. I had to walk about 20 minutes just to get past the crowd to find a semi-open spot. There were a good number of fish caught (none by me) so it's good fishing, but it's a bit of a shock to show up and see THAT MANY PEOPLE.

2. I feel your pain. I was up there on Wednesday for the high tide and was also appalled by the heinous numbers. I posted that in another thread. Fortunately, I was only there because Margaret was visiting one of her sisters, who lives in Greenbank. I just hope you didn't drive up there for that reason only. Well, I supposed you must have, as you braved the 20 minute hike to find your spot. You pretty much have to get there a couple of hours early to stake out your spot. I just gave up and fished Lone Lake from the shore. No skunk there for me.

In the future, should I ever become so bold as to try the Whidbey beaches again, I think I'd look for a weekday very-early morning high tide to fish. The big hassle with that would be having to catch one of the one-to-two-hours-before-dawn ferrys. We're talking serious pre-planning. That's brutal when there are surely other beaches to be had that are less crowded and closer.