Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Buyer's Beware!!!

Boats 
7K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  veilside180sx 
#1 ·
All,
I'm not normally the type who airs his business but this is something that I don't want to see happen to anyone else. I thought I was over it until I came upon a forum today on another site where some poor soul was "taken" (just like me) by the same outfit.

Last May I thought I purchased a cataraft boat frame from an outfit in North Bend, OR (White Water Fabrication). I had seen their boats on the water over the years and saved my pennies until the day I was ready to make the purchase. Spoke to the "owner" on the phone-a guy named James Haworth who told me that they had a bunch of the frames bent up and would ship once he received my check. Being the trustworthy jackass that I am, I sent him a cashiers check for the whole enchelata ($1,400). He told me the frame would be ready in 4 weeks. After 7 months, multiple lies and no return phone calls7, I wound up having to take him to small claims court (not a licensed business) where I was successful in getting the nod from the judge. That being said, I have a better chance of winning the lottery than ever seeing my money again.

Long story short, BEWARE. If you, or anybody you know is thinking about doing business with this SOB, do yourself a favor and think again.

I guess I'm just a dumb Montanan who is used to doing business on a man's word. Learned my lesson and don't want to see anybody else get took.
Kelly

See less See more
#35 ·
Most big companies do that. Especially if a product is made in one of the big companies in China, doesn't take much to have your boat "remade" under a different flagship name. Especially once a contract expires. With my job, I know several small companies that used to produce for bigger companies that had their product "renamed" and tweaked a little under the flagship name of a larger company (not just saying Cabelas, but alot of big box store type companies).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.