Cabela's L-Tech rods on sale

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by IveofIone, Jun 2, 2013.

1. I know a few of you guys are fishing L-Techs and really like them as do I. I have been looking for a back-up 5 wt for awhile and today noticed that they are on sale for $139-$149 marked down from their usual $219-$229 through June 30. I have been fishing them almost since they came out and they are truly nice rods. If they had a Sage or Scott sticker on them they would be getting a lot of buzz. The reel seat is the best I have ever used, it locks tight and stays there with none of the shake or looseness that I encounter with my other rods.
    The model I hope to pick up on Monday is an 8'6'' 5wt that weighs a mere 2.5 oz-a quarter of an ounce heavier than a Helios 5wt but $1,156 cheaper! And before you fry me for not using my local fly shop-I don't have one. It is about a 4 hour round trip to the nearest fly shop. Tomorrow I will swing by Cabela's, pick up my new L-Tech, buy an Idaho license and spend the next few days chasing cutties around north Idaho. In the sunshine.

Ive

Irafly likes this.
  2. Nice. I've got three seasons on my 9' 5wt. It gets fished every on every stillwater trip.