Cam Sigler passed away

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Stonefish, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,262 / 1
  2. Just.Mark Member

DuPont, WA
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    I have one of his beach rods I love that thing.
  3. Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Olympic Peninsula
    Ratings: +645 / 0
    Cam brought us so many good things. A full life, well lived.
    Kent Lufkin likes this.
  4. Jim B Flyfishin' and homebrewin'....priorities ?

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +28 / 0
    I met Cam and his son many years ago at his place on Vashon Island...didn't know it at the time, but as I walked up the path to the house and saw the strung-up fly rod leaning against the backdoor jam, I figured a beach angler lived there. I was there for business, but the conversation quickly turned to flyfishing....he told me about how he got the flyfishing dept going at the downtown Seattle Eddie Bauer store way back when, and how he could go down to the beach in front of his house any day of the year and catch something....he remembered the time that he and one of his grandkids caught fish from the beach on Christmas morning years ago. Then he took me to the workshop where he, his son and a few others tied the famous billfish flies that people worldwide bought from him. Quite a guy...a true gentleman.
  5. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +312 / 1
    I met him a few years back when he was a guest at our fly fishing club. He brought in a jig that he had made with boards and a modified spinning reel. Turns out he was making furled leaders with it. It was a heck of a contraption but worked really well. The man was a real innovator, for sure. He made some pretty stout bluewater rods as well. Rest in
    peace, sir.
  6. Preston Active Member

Ratings: +434 / 0
    Starting with Harry Lemire last year and now Doug Rose, Tim Irish and Cam, it seems like it's been one serious blow after another another for the local fly fishing community of late. I knew all of these gentlemen and strongly feel the cumulative weight of their loss. Ave atque vale.
    Steve Rohrbach likes this.
  7. Grayone Fishin' to the end, Oc.P

boring, oregon
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    Very well said. Met Senior a few times and spoke with him on the phone about fishing with nomad sportfishing in Australia. He was always very pleasant.He had a large presence in the fly fishing industry.
  8. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Very sad! My condolences to his family and friends!
  9. Steve Rohrbach Puget Sound Fly Fisher

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +43 / 0
    I am a saltwater fly fisherman and seldom read the general fly fishing forum. I just found this article on Cam's passing. He was an amazing angler, a creator of innovative flies and equipment. I had an opportunity to visit with him often on the show circuit. He always had time to visit and share time with the fly fishing community. It is sad that we are losing so many of the innovators of our great sport. Cam will be missed. I hope that Cam Jr. can find peace in the many memories of time well spent with his father. RIP Cam.