Campin in Quincy Wildlife Area?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jonduke, May 5, 2002.

1. Jonduke

Jonduke New Member

I was wondering about where I can camp in the Quincy Lake, Dusty Lake, Stan Coffin Lake area. Maps don't show any official campgrounds there, but I know people do camp there, so if anybody knows what its like there I'd appriciate the info. Also, has anyone been fishing any of these lakes recently?
    Thanks, Jon

2. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Media:
    There are plenty of spots to camp - mainly around Quincy and Burke. Just look for the other campers...

3. Tom Merrill

Tom Merrill Member

There are a few campsites around Dusty Lake on the north side. Fishing at Dusty was slow when I was there in March with my Scout Troop. I did get a positive fishing/camping report from the Ancient Lakes area just north of Dusty, so it may be worth checking out. I don't know all the details, but if you're interested, e-mail me and I'll try to find out more.

-Tom

4. RadBrad

RadBrad New Member

What-ever always means yes

I went to Burke lake 2 weekends ago with the kids. We all caught fish and had a great time. Used the float tube trolling beadhead pheasant tail nymphs with lots of hits and takes. There is lots of camping every where with scattered "Bunker toilets" around (no water - bring your own). Lots of lakes - try the beaver ponds for large browns.
    You might check out washingtonlakes.com for topo maps and pictures.

I have been to this place several times, why camp at the aphitheater when you can camp here for free (5 mins. from the winery) and fish too.

Good luck, see ya on the water sometime, Brad.