Camping and Fishing

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Chris Brittin Johnson, May 1, 2014.

1. Chris Brittin Johnson

Chris Brittin Johnson Fly Flinging Fanatic

I am hoping to find some info on a good lake to pull my small trailer too and get the girlfriend and I out fishing. I have a small boat so ideally camping right on the water is best but we wont be picky. This will be over the memorial day weekend. We live outside of Olympia but are not afraid to travel. I have been reading about Clear lake (Yakima). The campground up there might not be open in time so we looking at other spots as well. Any help is much appreciated. She is just learning to fly fish so getting a few on stillwater might boost her confidence and great place to learn to cast.

2. Gary Knowels

Gary Knowels Active Member

If. You don't mind a bit of a crowd and some bait chuckers, check out lake Sylvia in Montesano. State park campground, nice little put and take lake with a boat launch and the put a lot of fish in there. Black leeches, olive/yellow soft hackles, anything with olive marabou will do the trick. As a bonus its pretty close to you

Chris Brittin Johnson likes this.
  3. Cole L

Cole L Fish Fiend

Fish lake, Chelan Co.

4. Topstoy

Topstoy Member

Fish Lake, Okanogan Co.

5. Patrick Gould

Patrick Gould Active Member

Fish lake in Kittitas county is clearly the best choice.

Chris Brittin Johnson likes this.
  6. dp

dp ~El Pescador

Blue Lake, Grant County. Coulee Lodge Resort on north end of lake. Tell Connie that I sent you
    you can camp right on the water but when the wind kicks up, put some rocks in your tent