Camping at Reds

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by bwillroll, Mar 25, 2008.

1. bwillroll

bwillroll Member

So I didn't know that camping at Reds this summer is no longer an option unless you want to rent one of their tent/cabins (most of you probably already were aware of that). I was thinking of camping at the KOA, but are there other options?

2. Noah Pefaur

Noah Pefaur New Member

I was going to try to camp at Red's this weekend for the first time, I guess not. Where is the KOA located?

3. Alpentolic

Alpentolic New Member

Media:
    There are all sorts of spots- umptanem, koa, anywhere up manastash rd, vantage, it just depends on where you are floating and how far you are willing to drive. There are some really cool camp sites up manastash rd. they are all public and free. Just drive out manashtash toward lost lake trail head and find a spot on the side of the road. The only potential problem would be snow. I assue that there are some spots up in cle elum, roslyn, and ronald too. Have fun fishing should be good im going to drift tommorrow.

4. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Media:
    There is also camping at Lmuma, the Slab and Roza. The Slab is closed for improvements the next few months but should be open by summer. The Yakima RV park (near Ringer) is also an option if you have a RV/trailer.

5. Mike T

Mike T Active Member

Just off of I-90 at the western most offramp to Ellensburg.

6. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Media:
    Home Page:
    Once the Slab rec area is done it should be a nice option. They're adding 40 RV sites and doing a lot of work there right now. The Yakima River RV Park off Ringer Rd (mentioned above) is a decent place to park your rig (or tent)- the spots are close together, but it's secure and close to the river. I heard rumor that once Red's is built out they'll still have a few RV spots. There are a few spots at Umtanum as well.

7. Bill Dodd

Bill Dodd Bill's in a time out.

Media:
    Itchy.
    you have heard wrong, there won't be any room for RV's at Red's when all is said and done. The only camping will be the tent camp and that may have to go as well to make room for boat storage..

BD..

8. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Media:
    Home Page:
    Bill,

Thanks for clearing up the rumor. Hopefully the revamped facilities at the Slab will stay nice, clean and free from petty criminals. I always worry about leaving an RV in an unsecured location while I'm on the water all day. That's why I don't mind paying to stay at a private spot.

9. Bill Dodd

Bill Dodd Bill's in a time out.

Media:

iagree iagree iagree iagree

The Slab is looking better and should be a nice CG after it's all done..
    I guess there trying to have a group Camping area at Red's if they have room..

BD..