Camping & Fishing

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by Rather Be Fishin', Sep 30, 2008.

1. Rather Be Fishin' New Member

Everett, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    My wife & I talked about possibly going camping over this upcoming weekend. I would like to go somewhere I could get in some fishing (prefer a river or stream). I was thinking Icicle Creek area would be good, but we've been there several times & I wouldn't mind checking out somewhere new to us either. Just wondering if anyone knows any other areas they like to camp & fish.

My wife isn't in to fishing as much as I am, so this isn't a 'fishing trip' exactly. More of a camping trip with some fishing squeezed in (hopefully the fishing would be near the campground). Also, we would probably like to keep the driving to 2 hours or less (from Everett area).

Hmm, as I'm typing this I realize I better check the regs on Icicle. I can't recall off the top of my head when that river closes.

Thanks all!

Edit: Just checked the regs, Icicle is open until the end of October so that's still an option.
  2. Tom Savelle Learning enough to illustrate how little I know

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
  3. rymo Member

Issaquah, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    How'd the trip go? A buddy and I are trying to plan out an overnight hike + fish in a couple weekends. Ideally want a 4'ish mile hike in with either lake (no float tube) or river fishing.

Thanks, Ry-Mo
  4. Steffan Brown ...

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +64 / 0
    Dude, this is the second post I've seen you make that is utterly NONSENSE... What gives? Who hired you? Ok, that's a bit paranoid, but WTF?
  5. Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Snoqualmie, WA
    Ratings: +887 / 1
    yeah that looks like SEO keyword planting to me..
  6. Bill Aubrey Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +165 / 0
    Steffan,

Well said.
  7. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +302 / 0
    It was a "bot". Machine driven posts of bullshit and spam. The signature link is the spam. I'll find and fill the security gap as soon as I can.

Chris