Camping in OP

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by nerka, May 30, 2013.

1. nerka

nerka New Member

Looking to head over to the OP in the next couple of weeks. Have a 30ft airstream. Any suggestions of campgrounds. Dont need power or water, but would like to be close to fishing areas. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Media:
    Along the Hood Canal, you have Dosewallips St. Park and Potlatch that could accommodate that size of trailer. You would be able to find some sea run cutthroat fishing nearby in the salt. Marrowstone Island has the State Park up there too.

3. Jim Speaker

Jim Speaker Active Member

Home Page:
    Bogachiel State Park is nice. It's right on the Bogey, of course, and not far from the Hoh (ya I guess that's closed though) as well as the Sol Duc.

http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selectedpark=Bogachiel&subject=camping

http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selectedpark=Bogachiel&subject=all

"The campground offers 36 standard sites, six sites with power and water, one dump station and two restroom buildings with showers (main campground restroom includes ADA-accessible restrooms/showers). One kitchen shelter without electricity is available to campers.

The park accommodates RVs and combinations of 40 feet or less in length. All campsites are first come, first served."

Jeff Dodd likes this.
  4. sroffe

sroffe Member

Oxbow on the Hoh might be a good spot. Someday I plan on pulling my rig up to the Park campground up on the Hoh. There looks to be some nice spots up there. Although, like others said, it's closed to fishing right now.

5. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    You better check the regulations on a lot of campgrounds. They do have length limits on vehicle/trailer combos. That 30' airstream may kill you in a few places. I know I had my full size K5 Blazer and towing a 20' trailer. Can't remember which parks exactly, but was too big for some of them "total length". Mind you, that was like 12 years ago. May be different now. But may want to look into it. But that's length from your front bumper of your vehicle to rear bumper of trailer.

6. nerka

nerka New Member

7. nerka

nerka New Member

thanks everyone for the input. Think I could get into Boagachiel, but the others may be a little too small. Heading out in a week or so after checking the flows. Tight lines to all