Camping on the Stilly?

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by DW, Aug 22, 2002.

1. DW New Member

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Are there any campin' spots on the Stilly.....I was thinkin' it might be cool to go and camp, then start fishin bright and early.

Thanks!

- DW
  2. cuponoodle breakfast gritty

Arlington
    Ratings: +305 / 0
    Only campground I know of near the north fork is French Creek. About a half mile east of the Boulder River turn on a gravel road. The road forks where it meets the highway and there's a bus stop there. The campground is small and maybe a mile from the highway. Not on the Stilly, but there is a campground at the mouth of the Whitechuck a few minutes south of Darrinton.
  3. Dave Westburg Member

Kirkland, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    French Creek Camground is on the Boulder River about two miles off the North Fork of the Stilly. Head up Forest Road 2010 between Hazel and Fortson. I think there's also a campground on the headwaters of the North Fork above Fortson.
  4. mtlhead Member

Concrete, WA, USA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I pass a campground on the way tothe sauk called "Squire creek", how far off the N. Fork is that? I would'nt imagine it's too far, is it?
  5. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0
    I might be old---but I'm good

It's a ways to the river,but there's a road that goes thru that campground to private homes beyond there. There is access to Squire creek there,but I don't know if you can access the Stilly from there.

Now if you go to the upper N/fork there are lots of places to camp.But then you would have a drive ahead of you.
  6. Dan Member

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    There is a little campground where Deer Creek enters the North Fork. It's back behind the fire station and slightly to the west behind a home. Do you know if it is public? If so, do you know the name of it and how to make reservations? Thanks.

Dan