Camping Spots at Dry Falls Outing?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by ceviche, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Chris Allen

Chris Allen Member

Media:
    I'll be there Friday afternoon. Looking forward to putting names to faces. I hope someone is willing to share their fire. I might be willing to share my bratworst. No jokes, please.

2. Dan Soltau

Dan Soltau New Member

Media:
    my dad and i will be showing up late friday night, but early enough to do some night fishing! :thumb:

3. Davy

Davy Active Member

Media:
    I'm thinking coming over Friday night staying thru Sunday now, anyone got an extra watercraft for someone without leg use, LOL? Just can't do the flipper thing anymore. Really just want to meet faces anyway- fishing is secondary. I'll bring some Alaskan Sole ( Rex) fresh from this winter to throw on someones BBQ . by the way- I got room for one rider if you wanna split gas. But, I smoke, so be warned. And will have atleast one Golden Retriever with me. She likes to share kisses. Probably a she- I might bring Conner though. He likes kisses too.

4. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

Media:
    Plan to head over Friday morning. I will be trying out the new kayak I bought today. This will be the boats maiden trip.

5. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

Media:
    Well 2 days for me. Heading out Thursday morning. The weather looks good... Low 70's with some clouds... should bring some nice hatches on. Bring your sunscreen, your neck will thank you for it.

Time for the last minute gear checks... I know some of you needed or offered up gear, such as float tubes, or flippers.

Anyone with room in their pick-ups should grab some fire wood (or girlfriends chairs). The fires and bull go well into the night.

6. Flyn'dutchman

Flyn'dutchman Member

Backyard, I'll be there Thurs so we can get in some night fishing Thurs night. Will have to leave Friday afternoon. I'll throw in some fire wood, hope somebody has an axe, can't find mine. :thumb: :thumb:

7. Dipsnort

Dipsnort New Member

This will be my first outing with the group. I'll be there Friday morning. Looking foreword to it! :thumb:

8. Islander

Islander Steve

I've got an axe. I am planning on leaving in an hour or so. I might stop some place tonight on the way up. Been looking over the Gaz. Looks like a lot of fishable water between here and Dry Falls. :thumb:

9. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Media:
    Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it this weekend. bawling: I had planned to come over Friday morning, but it just isn't gonna happen. Something always seems to come up before the Dry Falls trip each year.

Have fun, looks like it should be a good weekend over there!

Bill

10. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Media:
    I will be leaving Thursday Evening. My plans are to stop by camp on Thursday night to see who's @ maybe shoot the S#%^ for a bit and than I'm off for a night/day exploration trip and will be back at DF Friday night with a couple of part time FF for some night fishing. ptyd

11. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Media:
    So does anyone plan on being there on Monday also? I've got an obligation that came up on Sat so I've got a Sun/Mon I can do stuff.... If it's gonna be dead, I'll bag it, otherwise I'll arrive late on Sunday and maybe get some tips on stillwater fishing which I suck at.... Also does someone have a pontoon or tube they can spare?

-- Cheers
    -- James

12. ceviche

ceviche Active Member

Media:
    Weather forecast says it's gonna be 'nad crackin' cold at night in Ephrata this weekend.

13. LeakyTiki

LeakyTiki Member

Media:
    I checked the forecast for Coulee City and it predicted nightime temps in the high 40s for Friday and Saturday nights with daytime highs of high 70's to low 80's :beer2:

Sounds about perfect to me. :thumb:

I may not make it over till saturday morning so we'll see ya on the water

LT :cool:

14. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Media:
    Home Page:
    Dude, its always nad crackin cold in ephrata, but isnt freezing your nuts off part of the rocky ford experience? I will bring some wood and girlfriend chairs, but im only bringing the chairs if someone will hook me up, i have a two person tent and an air mattress :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: . I brought two pairs of waders, but one of them are my night fishing pair, they are a tad leaky, but i tend to be as well if i hook into a huge brown. The breathable feature is put to use. I will be there sometime friday night depending on how the creek fishing goes. Im bringing a shat load of rods, reels, flies, ect. So, I will trade car rides and food for chironomids and phuelgars. Does fire jumping mess up gortex?

Peace,
    Andy