Can someone help me?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by nihao, Sep 12, 2013.

1. nihao

nihao New Member

I looked up everywhere regarding Tramp Harbor and I don't see any reviews regarding this site for clamming/oyster hunting as well as fishing. This is the closest place to go clamming where I live.Is it is safe to eat the clams here?

Thank you. Looking forward to hearing back since it will be sunny on Saturday and my last chance to enjoy some sun.

2. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Media:
    See page 125 of the regs for all the info. Here's an excerpt:

"Eating contaminated shellfish or seaweed can cause serious illness or death. The only way to be safe is to “Know before You dig.” Check the department of Health (dOH) website www.doh.wa.gov/shellfishsafety.htm, or call the local health department. For shellfish safety closures call the Shellfish Safety Hotline at (800) 562-5632"

3. nihao

nihao New Member

Thank you! Can anyone tell me when would be a good time to search for clams at Tramp Harbor? Again, there are literally no reviews online..the best answer I know of is low tides-during night...Please comment and let me know!

4. nihao

nihao New Member

Is it possible for you to elaborate on closure due to "marine biotoxin?"

5. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Media:
    Sorry, I live in the desert and we don't have clams here but I am sure that you can find the answer on the WDFW's or DOH's websites.

6. nihao

nihao New Member

Good answer! I found what I was looking for. Thanks! Obviously, it is my first time clamming in the Puget Sound!