Canadian-American 2005 Fishing Championship

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by BOBLAWLESS, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Whitey Active Member

Far side of the moon
    Ratings: +185 / 0
    Dudes, and other peeps, listen up:

I'll take on anybody, anywhere. For fishing or whatever else you monkeys can dream up. Any nation too, why limit this to canadians? how about YT vs. China? Or Iceland? thats Race-nationism!

Seriously, any lake, anywhere. period. Get it together, I'll show up and put a whuppin on all ya'll.

YT, thanks Bob for the mention, but I'll destroy your dream team. :eek:

:beer2:
  2. IveofIone Active Member

Ratings: +1,033 / 0
    Whitey, Have you ever heard the expression "Don't let your mouth overload your ass!?" :rofl: Just curious, Ive
  3. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    My dearest and only true friends,

Be careful Ive--you might get replaced on my dream team with YT. I mean, I like confidence, that, "I'll kick 'em in the balls attitude." YT is famous for this. You just know that he'll make thousands of casts, go through hundreds of flies and the poor Canadian that is assigned to him will come in with tears in his eyes.

Bob, the Impressed by YT's bravado. ;)
  4. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,617 / 0
    Bob,I'm humbled to be named as an alternate. But to get there I would have to drive over a couple of high bridges and I can't do that with my eyes closed. And as for Yt being a fishing fool,I think that he is only dreaming and wishing to himself that he wish's that he was. So Ive I think you are safe.

Jim
  5. Floon New Member

Vancouver, BC, Canada
    As a rule I'm not one for tournaments. The tension tends to flatten my Canadian beer, and give me small bouts of indigestion. :clown:
    What, would this little get together result in for our 2 fine countries should one or the other win? Would international relations remain the same on both sides after one or the other emerged victorious? :rofl:
    I will have to think on a team that is worthy of such an offer. I am not sure I should be the captain of the Canadian side, my leadership qualities tend to have my charges running the other way. :(

Some additional suggested rules?

No guns in competition boats. :eek:

The word "huh" will not be used as "eh"

No poking fun at Canadian money notes. We know it's weird looking.

We won't wear mucklucks, you don't wear flack jackets.

To denote team alligence, the Canadians will say 'about' at least once per half hour and the Americans will not. :D

Where do you propose to hold this little party? Sounds like a bit of fun for sure, eh?
  6. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +764 / 1
    Bob, my dearest friend, I see I've hurt your feelings and for that I'm eternally sorry. I assumed that there would be playoffs to advance to the top position in these new CanAm Games. I never dreamed I'd be in the front running or that you wouldn't spearhead your own team.

Besides, you and YT are gonna kick some Canuck ass all by yourselves, right?
  7. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    My dear and only friend Floon,

As self-appointed Grand Marshall of the event, allow me to respond to your requests.

1. Guns. I don't know if we can do this. I mean, we are Americans and Americans are always armed the teeth. Will you promise to respect us when we are thus naked? I mean, without our guns.

2. Each eh will be recorded as well as our huhs. The result will be tallied and used as a tie breaker should one occur.

3. OK on the laughs about your money, but bring greenbacks; we don't take funny money.

4. Definitely no on the mucklucks. The flack jackets? Hmmmm.

5. When you holler out "abooot"; we'll holler "Y'all."

6. The Venue is to be decided but I suggest Lake Lenice for the first annual. Now, if you have a secret Canadain lake that is full of fish--we could start up your way if you can guarantee our safety when crossing through your border Nazis. Something in writing from your Pope or whoever it is that runs you guys.

Bob, the Notice how impeccably fair I have been. Just trying to maintain our world image. :cool:
  8. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    My dear Roper,

I know you are good at heart and would never knowingly offend anyone.

I might not be on the team itself unless the public is very insistent that I represent them. I mean, our national honor is at stake here and I tremble at the awesome responsibility that imposes. Yet, a properly tembling hand could be just the winning ticket for our spooky trout.

I hadn't even thought about playoffs. Maybe a poll? But what if someone gets no votes? They may quit fishing over it. Lots of problems here.

Bob, the I have jumped up on the water wagon with you, Rope. Been about a week now. No AA. Just realizing that I am too old to be carrying on without regard to what little health I have left. :cool:
  9. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +338 / 3
    Bob if your going to send a contingency of U S of A fishers to Canada they better have impeccable credentials. Two my fishing friends tie to get across the border a year ago and they told one of them he had to post a $500.00 cash bond because he had a DUI TWENTY years ago in the states. (TRUE STORY)
    That may limit your team a little. :rofl:
    jesse clark
  10. Floon New Member

Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Were they afraid he'd stay in Canada after trying our beer? :rofl:
    As for the captain of the team, I accept, but only if the losing team captain isn't drawn and quartered like they did in that old Tarzan movie where they tie you to 2 palm trees bent to an X. They tied you to them and then cut the tension ropes and then a new meaning to "lift and separate" was realised. :eek:
    If we were all fishing in separate crafts, then would we be allowed to fish 2 rods? Would fish caught in an anchored craft only be entered, or would trolling be ok too?
    This could be a new corner stone for our 2 nations. Brought together even closer by fishing. Imagine that.
    Unless we lose of course. :mad: Then I would have a bag piper follow you all the way to the border, and have back bacon and toques hidden in your fishing bags to have you stopped at the line. :clown:
  11. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    Floon:

You have my persoanl guarantee as to your safety and the safety of your countrymen. But there might be a little finger pointing and laughing should you lose. I can't stop that. :rofl:

You may have two rods if legal but fish only one at a time. :rolleyes:

You could troll but you will have to get the consent of the American assigned to you as your witness. In other words, if agreed by both parties, you could both troll around together. But you can't ditch your witness. :eek:

Bob, the I am so happy all your buddies are coming on down for a look around. We have more in common than differences and I hope the experience is of mutual benefit to all concerned. How's deb? :beer2:
  12. Floon New Member

Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Deb is fine and it might be prudent to tell you she will be on my team. Those of you with hand cuff-able offenses will be treated accordingly. :p
    She has caught her first coho on the fly and kicked my sorry butt in 100 Mile, with a beauty 20" slab.
    On second thought I may leave her at home. :hmmm: Not good the "captain" getting out fished by a girl. Albeit a pretty one. :beathead:
  13. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    A side note to all of those who might be following this line of drivel but I have to tell you a little story about Floon. He is an internationally famous jokster and story teller and for sheer cleverness he is without peer. :thumb:

His pretty wife is a cop (RCMP) and she first started out posting with another lady and they were known as ChixwithStix since they were both cops. Well this guy Floon, single at the time, woos this Deb chic and they got married. AWWWwwwGGGeeee. Love on the internet. Never know boys it could happen to you. We have a little love story as well, this guy Whitey meets this college girl from CWU and AWWWWWwwwwGGGeeee. Not again!
    We're all waiting for wedding bells to ring. :hmmm:

Bob, the Just thought I'd be a jerk and spill all the beans :cool:
  14. Dan Soltau New Member

Bozeland, MT - Raleigh, NC
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Nice. I vote for a juniors team as well.
  15. Beluga New Member

Langley, BC, Canada
    Hey Floon, I suggest you get the Sherriff and Mr. Forbes if he isn't banned :eek: from the U.S. Tyson would also be a go but keep his sheep at home as they'll be too close to Dipsnort.... :rofl:
  16. Floon New Member

Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Hmmmmm, now you have me thinking. :hmmm:
    Perhaps we can enlist Dipsnort as a spy. :eek: We can "sweeten" the pot with a few Krispy Kremes, and throw in a few Timmy specials. I can almost feel the humidity of his drooling from here. :thumb:
    Ian Forbes did come to mind as did our former Imperious leader Jack, and Tyson would certainly be able to soften up Dippy for the clandestine activities with guided coho expeditions and of course his winsome sheep. ;)
    Now a few other good rods are needed. There are just so many good guys out there. Halfback for sure, Tie Bugs and Mr. Rainbow come to mind as well. And what about Shaggy or Satch and Granny? Just too many :hmmm:
    This is gonna be hard. :beathead:
  17. Whitey Active Member

Far side of the moon
    Ratings: +185 / 0
    Bob and Floon,

Is that a true story about the lady cop? Thats a sweet story, amazing how a person finds love when their not even looking, Trust me, I know.

YT, Soon Bob, soon. :beer2:

p.s. Floon, you ever been to Howard by Canim? some serious pigs in that one.
  18. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    My dearest friend YT,

It's true as the rains that fall from the heavens above, YT. Maybe we should have a sort of internet lovers sub competition for the tournament. Naw, you wouldn't see much in the way of fish caught. Probably disappear back into the tules and not be seen again until the ceremonies. Naw, wouldn't work. :eek:

Now the kid's deal could be great. Imagine being the champion of the CanAm First International Tournament at the age of 8. It would be an American kid no doubt what with all the talent we've got hanging around on the site. Canadian kids fish mostly worms, I think. :rofl:

Bob, the Geez, this is snowballing out of hand. I probably won't be able to fish what with having to handle the press and all. :cool:

A special welcome to Beluga; nice to have you Canadians around especially when you've got that province so wired. We have a few hot spots of our own so hopefully the relationships that develop will be mutually beneficial.
  19. wet line New Member

Burien, WA, King.
    Bob, in that there is so much interest in this event how about making it an open type event. They bring everyone they want and we bring everyone that wants to be there. The top 5 or so fish tamers count from each side is compiled to attain the score.

Whitey, are you up for that lake above North Bend again this spring? I think the score is lake 1 and YT 0 :rofl:
    But don't feel bad there are 4 or 5 others with the same score. :D

Dave
  20. Oneweight Member

Seattle, Washington.
    Enough with the fishing.... I suggest a cage match with loser leaves town or loser shaves his head in the ring, similar to the Big Time Wrestling of the late '70's. No razor blades, ropes, or chains, but yes, folding chairs are welcome and recommended.