Canadian-American 2005 Fishing Championship

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by BOBLAWLESS, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Whitey Active Member

Far side of the moon
    Ratings: +185 / 0
    Wet line,

You bet, I need to even the score with that rascal of a lake!!! What about those lakes behind that one, or the river on the far side of the property? I'll get C-dub to go too. great idea about the top 5 finishers, I hope we really do this, I kinda feel the need to get a get-together together. :confused:

YT :cool:
  2. Dipsnort New Member

Auburn, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    If everyone will agree to ride their sheep to the event at Lake Lenice, I will only charge one doughnut per person to look after your "vehicle" during the tournament. ;)
  3. hikepat Patrick

Des Moines, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    Whitey got to agree with you. I am now a firm beliver in the best way to find love is not to look for it at all and it will find you. In fact it will hit you hard from behind when you are not looking. Even if you where not sure if you wanted it at the time and just wanted to be left alone to fish. I sure glad she did not let that happen.

She also said the one thing I wanted to hear when I told her I would kick her out of my house and to the curb if she cuts into my fishing time. She looked me straight in the eye and said the only way you will not get to fish is if you do not invite me along. Guess I have a new full time, fishing partner no matter if I wanted one or not. She is really looking forward to fishing for Salmon in the Puget Sound this summer with me, now that we will be living together here in Seattle. In Idaho she fished for Trout, Bass and Perch only. ;)
  4. Kaari White Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +31 / 0
  5. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0
    Hey Dave. That lake is into me also. Lake 2,old man 0 :( . And same for the skinny water up in there. :(

It seems that my bad luck follows me where ever I go. :(

Jim
  6. wet line New Member

Burien, WA, King.
    Jim you aren't alone on that count.
    YT you should buy the pass this year. There is a lot of water that can test anyones abilities.
    Yes, that is a lake that tests evreyones skills. It would be a great place to have a fish off. That or Calligan. But it is Bob's show to make the calls. Besides there are no fires allowed up there so such traditional things as fire jumping and human torches wouldn't be allowed. :rofl: I suppose bear wrestling, with the real thing, and pin the tail on the cougar could be substituted. :D

Dave
  7. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    Hey, this isn't my event--it's just my idea. But I thought it would be fun to host our Canadian neighbors and then get to go to a good lake up North the following year. We could have a ton of fun. If the fishing stinks, there is always a distance casting and accuracy casting competition we might rig up.
    Maybe a little shooting at beer cans.
    Fire jumping.
    Bullshitting.
    Revealing secret spots.
    Knife throwing

You know, the usual. Probably, say May 27, 28, and 29.
    Where? I dunno :confused: Dry falls? Lenice? Chopaka? Pass Lake?
  8. Shaggy Northern Neighbor

BC, Canada
    There will be a few of us getting together at Knouff lake earlier in May, Feel free to send up a contingent if you're up for it. ptyd :cool:

details
  9. Shaggy Northern Neighbor

BC, Canada
    PS, I think this smiley is perfect to illustrate the potential gatherings:

ptyd
  10. Floon New Member

Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I think Knouff would be a good spot, as I probably like most of you have never fished it, so the playing field would be somewhat level. :cool: Don't get me wrong, I would be just as at home handing y'all your collective hinies on your home waters.
    I am just thinking of you guys. :beer2:
    C'mon up to Knouff on the weekend of May 13th 14th and 15th. We Canadians would welcome a visit from you fellows.
    Oh, you might want to bring some fish if you want to catch some, because as you are well aware, there aren't any up here. bawling: We would not be adverse to catching a couple of yours if you brought them. :confused:
  11. Halfback New Member

Bowen Island, B.C.
    Knouff's a great lake. Not far from Kamloops. In the old days they used to pull double digit rainbows out of there on dry flys. Nice shoals and sunken islands.
    Classic Kamloops Trout water.
    The May gathering's gonna be another dandy. 100+ flyfishers b.s.ing around a big campfire, great fishing, a few beers ( Canadian of course :beer2: ) and great food.
    Americans are always welcome.
  12. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    Hey Shaggy--Welcome and thanks for the invite. I might just make it though I swore I would never go back to Canada again after the last debacle with the border Nazis. But I'm like the alky--dry for a while and then back in the tank.

If the Spring is late, would Knouff be free of ice? When the ice first comes off, doesn't it take a few weeks for the fishing to pick up? Can you rent a cabin there? Is it mostly chronies at that time?

Well, not too many questions all at once, don't want to scare all you guys off. Thanks for slumin' a bit by coming south. We can use your expertise.

Bob, the Big fan of the Interior--well, make that the Exterior as well. :thumb:
  13. Dan Soltau New Member

Bozeland, MT - Raleigh, NC
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    I am game, is that about 4 and half hours from seattle?
  14. Halfback New Member

Bowen Island, B.C.
    Dan, I don't remember how long it takes to get from Seattle to the Canadian border but add on about another 3 1/2 hrs to Knouff.

Bob, It is possible that Knouff could be in turnover during that time but there are countless good lakes in the vicinity at various elevations and finding one or more that are "on" shouldn't be a problem with all the local knowledge there.
    Heres a link to Knouff Lake info:
    http://www.bcadventure.com/adventure/explore/high_country/pinantan/sullivan.htm
  15. Shaggy Northern Neighbor

BC, Canada
    I hope some of you can make it up! I'll do my best to avail myself to come down and defend the Canuck Hono(u)r if you guys want to go ahead with the multi national fish-off.

If you do make it up to Knouff, be sure to lock your trucks before you go to sleep, we wouldn't want a repeat of 2001. Poor Geezer is still in therapy :rofl:

[IMG]
  16. Dipsnort New Member

Auburn, WA
  17. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    haha ever seen that movie 'Shaun of the Dead' ?
    Those ladies kinda look like the owners of the campground from the cowlitz party... :rofl:
  18. Floon New Member

Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Below is a thread with a list of potential BC anglers that will take up your challenge. Take a look from time to time and see how the competition is shaping up. :thumb:
    Bc anglers for competition

Cheers! :beer1:
  19. Hook in my finger member

Kelowna, B.C, Canada
    Hey I might be interested fella's. I can show my hook in the finger trick.
    :mad:
  20. Sinktip Monty

The River, Or Bar
    Bob, as American Captian of this event, you should be aware of Dipsnorts possibly treasonous act of joining the canadian team while residing in the US. :eek: It just goes to show you that you can't always trust the guy who offers to watch the sheep. I know as captian you will know how to handle this kind of situatioin.
    Oh Ya, I nominate Bob for captian. Can we get a second on the motion to make it official??

Monty