Canadian-American 2005 Fishing Championship

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by BOBLAWLESS, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Greg Gilliland Member

Benton City, Wa, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I always seem to like what Bob has to say so I will second him as team captain.

Greg :thumb:
  2. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    Wait a minute! Wait a miinute! Team captain? Here are some good reason why bob should never be Team Captain.

1. Too old-- 68 at the time of the tournament. (have birth certificate)
    2. Not that good of a fisherman (matter of public record).
    3. Lazy. (self evident fact)
    4. Doesn't change flies often enough. (see #3)
    5. Has no real tricks up his sleeve. (see #2)
    6. Gets up late. (see #1)
    7. Bad bladder and has to come in often to take a leak; (see #1 again)
    8. Prone to cheating and might disqualilfy the entire American team. (golf buddies will readily testify)
    9. Known to take bribes if large enough.(see #8)
    10.Famous for being a jerk (see # 1-9)

The boss, who is very happy about all our new Canadian members, thinks Backyard would be the man of the hour. While he is greasy and slimy, he just might be what we need as a sparkplug for the event. He does not know the meaning of the word quit and has cut his teeth on the frozen confines of Pass Lake and at night no less. I agree with the boss. We just have to get Backyard to accept.

I think we should open this up to anybody who cares to participate. Each Canadain is given a number as are the Americans. Those with matching numbers will fish together to keep an eye on each other and verify any released fish (no LDR's). One exception: Floon is mine!

Bob, the I've been waiting for years to fish the pants off that maple leaf hayseed. :rofl:
  3. wet line New Member

Burien, WA, King.
    Bob, your disclaimers are just what are required in a good leader, and especially the bribe part. :D That is what makes you credible. Besides you might end up with enough bribe money from both sides to finance a trip to Paris or maybe Austrailia or some other exotic destination. You could consider it as a reward for your efforts. As for the bladder issue, well that works for our side. Floon will have to accompany you off the lake while you take care of pressing business. That is really a good ploy to neutralize one of their team. :rofl:
    As for cheating, how can you cheat when you are judge and jury?

Bob, you are the man most qualified!

Dave
  4. Dipsnort New Member

Auburn, WA
    Treasonous? Me?? :p :D
  5. Floon New Member

Vancouver, BC, Canada
    It's amazing what a country can get for a box of Timbits. :D Wonder what we'd get if we threw in a few bear claws. :hmmm:
  6. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    BACKYARD!! Duty calls. You've got to step up to the plate. I can't do it.
    I might not even be able to go. Dry falls. Good choice. How about it?

Bob, the Come on, Backyard. Get me off the hook so to speak. :eek:

I am fond of bear claws.
  7. Woody New Member

Kelowna, BC
    That's 'cuz we measure our fish in kilograms... :p

Cheers! KW
  8. Floon New Member

Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Ya, Woody they're one to talk. ;) Look at that piddly thing they call a gallon? :clown:
  9. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    True,Floon. it's piddly but so is the price compared to Canadian gas. :rofl:

Speaking of piddly, how do you guys get by on that dollar of yours?

Bob, the Don't get into a fight you can't win they always say. :D

Things look like they are shaping up to have the tournament at Dry Falls Lake the last part of May (see post about Spring get together). It s a good lake, quite beautiful in its own way and has German browns in it as well as rainbows. I think you guys would get a big kick out of it. There's lots of room but it is one of our most famous lakes and it is no secret. If you're looking for solitude stay home. It can get like a circus. But the fish are big and plentiful. We should have a great time.

Bob, the I have asked to fish with you, both to keep on eye on you and to shoot the breeze about old times. I'll have a a tin boat w/electric motor so we can troll around if you like. Bring your mucklucks, seal skins and whatever else you need to keep warm. On the other hand, it could be shorts will be the order of the day with brillliant sunshine.
  10. Floon New Member

Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Can you post a link to the regulations for this lake for the members interested in the invasio..... I mean tournament?
    Also there is a growing feeling this should be an "anchored craft" event. Cast and retrieve brought in to an anchored craft would bring in the only counted fish.
    Is there any problem with that? I am amicable to it anyhow. :confused:
    I call dibs on Bob's boat, as I am interested to what if anything happens if in fact he does fish the maple leaf off me. :eek:
  11. Floon New Member

Vancouver, BC, Canada
    *link removed*

Sorry. I had to remove the link at the hoster's request. :(
  12. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    This site has a good search engine. Type in Dry Falls and you should be able to read for hours.

True, if Bob trolls all day with his electric motor, he would undoubtedly have an unfair advantage over the tubes. Being fair, I agree. Anchored only.
    What about finnning in a tube slowly backwards with a leech? Illegal I should think.

Also, out of respect to our owner, Chris Schoones, we never mention a competing site on his site. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Northwest Fly Fishermen did a big story on Dry Falls with some beautiful pictures. I suppose the link is www.northwestflyfishing.com but I'm not sure. Dry Falls is a bit of a geologic wonder and has a very strange beauty. You'll love it. And if you haven't fished her, well, then you really can't say you've done much in fishing our state.

Maybe I can dig it out, use my copier to send along the photos. I haven't a clue as to how to do this but that's how we learn--we try till it works!

Floon, if I start taking fish on a special fly and I have an extra one, you will get it. Having fun is more important than any silly contest. But I will not spit on your fly. My spit is sacred and it is the reason I am able to embarrass my fishing partner so often.

Oh, OK, I'll spit on your fly I guess. Anything to improve Canadian-American relations.

Bob, the Geeesh, they expect you to spit on their fly. :rolleyes:

Try this link http://www.parks.wa gov/park.as...+Lakes&pageno1
  13. Woody New Member

Kelowna, BC
    You are going to avoid the weekend of May 13, 14, 15, 2005, right? There's another <ahem> event on that weekend...

Cheers! KW
  14. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    Yea, right, the Lake Knouff gig to which we have been invited. Our tournament is tenitively set for April 22. but a poll of the membership is being taken. Gotta check with the team captain, AlpineTrout.

Bob, the we got three months to plan. There may be some pleasant surprises in store for you guys. But we are still planning and still secret.

Bob, the If you beat it out of me, I'll squeal like a big pig with its foot caught in a bear trap. :rolleyes:
  15. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    To all my Sporkie (Canadian imitation of Spam) friends. I think the boys are linning up on the middle of April. Remember we are warmer down here. No definite date as yet, would April 15, 16 and I7 be okay? Can't please everybody so some will get burned. We just have to try to please the greatest number.

Bob, the trip will be my birthday present. I was born on April 10, 1937 (Great Depression bady and still depressed). :D
  16. jbrodie New Member

Marysville, WA.
    Well Bob, I don't think you are too bad. Jim. :rofl:
  17. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,722 / 0
    Hey Bobbo. Why do you still celebrate your birthday's? To me and most other older people it is just another day :p :p :p :p :p :clown:

Jim
  18. Floon New Member

Vancouver, BC, Canada
    As luck would have it the 15th of April is my birthday. Nice of you to think of such a nice present. :thumb:

Floon, the awww you shouldn't have. :rofl:
  19. Shaggy Northern Neighbor

BC, Canada
    April 5th here, and Hoof is April 24 (If I can convince him to come)
  20. Floon New Member

Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Holy Moly, it's gonna be a birthday BONANZA!!!!! ptyd
    Do they have Fireball on that side of the border?? ;)

Perhaps we should be camping there. I don't want a microscope enima when I head back across the border. :beathead:

It sems April was a GOOD month :thumb: