Cape Cod recommendations

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Rob Ast, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

Media:
    Don't know if anyone here has advice/contacts but I thought I'd give it a spin. I'm headed to Cape Cod with my family in 2 weeks and thought I might try to get in on some striper or bluefish action. Anyone have recommendations for guides in the area? As I will not be traveling with my arsenal of rod/waders/etc I think the DIY option is out. Besides, by the time you add the airline fees for the extra piece of luggage the price for a guided wade trip is nearly reasonable.

2. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!

Media:
    Home Page:
    Look Up Juro Mukai around there. Also Cooper Gilkes at Coops Bait and Tackle.

3. OneMoreCast

OneMoreCast Member

Media:
    Hi Rob,

Randy Jones is a pretty well respected guide in the Monomoy area (near the elbow of the cape). Monomoy is flats fishing and is one of the few striper options that's more productive during the day. It's a cool spot, too--only reachable by boat He's not a site sponsor so I'll let you use your mad search skills to track him down :).

I used to live in MA and was--ok, still am--addicted to exploring the cape for stripers. If you do end up bringing your rod, let me know and I can give you some easy, fun spots to check out on foot. I used to fish before and after work, so many of the spots are good options if you just want to sneak out for an hour or two at night or early AM. Just let me know the area you're staying.

Have fun!

Joe