Car breakin at the Stilly

Discussion in 'Lost, Found, Stolen' started by Mike Wade, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Mike Wade

Mike Wade Member

Just got home from the Stilly by Pilchuck Creek. The car parked behind me had been broken into while I was fishing. Passenger window broken. The sheriff showed up while I was still there but odds are slim anyone will be caught. He said this was happening quite frequently lately. Don't leave anything in your car that is worth stealing.

2. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

Media:
    <embed width="430" height="355" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s81.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid81.photobucket.com/albums/j222/ht75/Monkey4-high.flv"></embed>

3. Josh Benjamin

Josh Benjamin Member

sloan-
    thats the greatest thing i've seen here for a long time
    thanks

4. hedburner

hedburner Member

Media:
    Mount Vernon, we're the Sketch in the heart of Ska
    I just got back from fishing there this afternoon and evening. Weird, I only saw one other car there parked up the road towards I-5. I was parked up by the bridge. I never bring any extra gear and keep the rod tube out of site. Plus I have the stock Subaru radio cassette player that helps, if I had some nice tunes I'm sure I would have been broken in to by now.

5. Rob Zelk

Rob Zelk I swing, therefore i am.

Media:
    Yeah, thats a bad spot right there. When i used to fish pillchuck creek for sea run cutts, I talked to folks that had been broken into there before aswell.

6. Peter Pancho

Peter Pancho Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    The vid won't work. I have active X already. What else do I need?:confused:

7. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    Well I've been broken in at that location also and so has a few others from this site. I had my cell phone stolen from there. One day I dialed it and some kid answered. I asked him if he liked using a stolen phone and he hung up on me. That would be a good place for a sting. But I'm in Montana now and as of yet I have not heard of any car prowls in my area.

Jim

8. NewFlyLady

NewFlyLady New Member

Only a matter of time I think. All of the fly shops in Island Park had signs warning people about car breakins on Henry's Fork. Those tweakers better be careful because I think most people in Montana have guns and don't take kindly to that sort of thing.

9. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Media:
    One of those &quot;blue lines&quot; in the WA, MT,
    In all the years (14 years now) I've gone out to MT I've never worried about breakin's as much as I do out here! Now up in areas on the Sky, Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie, I bring as little as possible and carry what I need with me. Sad, but true...

And I always have a ton of stuff on my MT trips, with extra rods, cameras and frequently my vice and tying stuff. Guess there's only so much that I can do, since I need to bring most of what I do. Too bad about the Henry's Fork area, but these guys (tweakers) know where to go and know that we'll be gone from our vehicles for a while.

I'll just have to bring less or get the Monkey breakin system in the video above!

10. Randy Knapp

Randy Knapp Active Member

I never park where I see broken safety glass on the ground. Great vid Sloan.

Randy

11. Man, that made my day! Thanks Sloan. After some prior break ins thats what should happen to any would be theives. Where can I get one of those chimps?

12. fishkisser99

fishkisser99 Member

Really, I am sick of hearing about break-ins here. What does it take to entice law enforcement to set up a sting?

Anybody ever used a game cam or two to monitor their vehicle?

Granted, I only park there a couple of times a year, but I am ready to rig explosive charges (mountain beaver charges?) to the electrical system of my Trooper--

Smile! Boom!

...but then booby-trapping a vehicle might harm the innocent...some little kid who accidentily or unknowingly grabs the door latch--egad, I couldn't live with myself!

Okay, so: the biggest, uglist, least-roadworthy vehicle you can find, with as little glass as possible; a big WARNING: LIVE VOLTAGE sticker or six; an NRA OR BUST sticker: flags that say, "SMILE! YOU"RE BEING FILMED!"; pressure-sensitive pads surrounding the vehicle that trigger the theme to "Deliverance" over loudspeakers when depressed; and an indellible-paintball turret that swivels toward movement and emits the familiar "shlick-chunk" sound of a 12-guage being racked, and...

...and?