WTB Car for my daughter… (16 Years - new driver)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Jeff Dodd, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff, as the father of two daughters I can understand your sentiment towards wagons, my girlfriends father must have felt the same when I pulled up in my dad's VW van ;). I've had 7 Hondas, from an '86 to a 2007. I can say they're great cars with a couple caveats: Stay away from the 1st generation (1998-2004) 4-speed automatics, newer ones seem to be ok but after putting 2 in a '97 (1st on Honda @ 40K, 2nd on me @ 190K), I went to a manual in the 2007. If buying used, critical to ascertain coolant has been changed per recommended intervals (true with any aluminium engine). You can check coolant PH with a voltmeter, gives you a better picture of condition than visual. The newer 4-cylinder engines have gone to a timing chain as opposed to the old belt that had to be changed @ 60-90K so I would say for long term reliability, they will be better. Toyotas are pretty bullet-proof as well.

Jeff Dodd likes this.
  2. Those era Jeeps were great runners especially with the 4.0 engine. We had one a while ago that had close to 200,000 miles on it and it still ran great. One of my friends has a one for a daily driver that has close to 300K. He commutes from Mason Lake to Poulsbo every day. The other good thing about them is that they are so easy to work on.

Jeff Dodd likes this.
  3. I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima 4 door I will be getting rid of in the near future. It has high miles (around 170k), but it's pretty clean. Been my daily driver for years. It need a fix with the electrical system, which I'm going to do as soon as I get some free time. It's not perfect by any means, but it has been reliable for me, and once I get it going again I will practically give it away to make up space in the driveway. Just a thought.

Jeff Dodd likes this.
  4. Dan

Thank you and Donna for making the car transaction so easy. My daughter loves the Jeep! IMG_20130505_154056_609.jpg

5. Wow! It looks brand spanking new. Hope she has lots of trouble free miles.

Jeff Dodd likes this.
  6. Nice car! .......lucky girl!......now comes insurance. You can get some big discounts if she's a good student ( at least a 3.0). My agent told me it was a bigger ding to lose the student discount than it was to get her first moving violation!

7. Good advice. I think I will take her in to sit down with the agent so we hear all these details together. So far, so good. Don't want a car to be a distraction to her schoolwork.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.