Carbon River reg question

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Brooks Werner, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Brooks Werner

Brooks Werner Member

Has anyone read the regs for the Carbon? It only lists a short stretch from the mouth to the 162 bridge, which appears to only be about 3 miles. What about the rest of the river?

2. Jim B

Jim B Flyfishin' and homebrewin'....priorities ?

I'm reading the regs the same.....if it's not listed, it's not open:mad:

3. Patrick Gould

Patrick Gould Active Member

It lists the rest right under the first section. First Sat in June to Oct 31.

4. Peyton00

Peyton00 Active Member

I read the regs as open for trout/salmon til Nov. 30th. The mouth to 162 bridge is many miles of river. I have landed some very nice dolly varden from 8- 22" and the occasional bow.

5. abobrien

abobrien Alex O'Brien

just watch out for a crazy guy on this section of river who thinks his land goes to the middle of the river he will come out with loaded guns to yell at you he hasn't shot me yet so he seems ok just make sure you stand your ground.

6. HitechRedneck

HitechRedneck New Member

FYI - Most legal descriptions of land I have seen in Washington do say "to the middle of ____ river". Technically, you are only allowed access if you walk in the water. Rivers such as the Columbia (Lake Roosevelt specifically) have a high water mark (called the 410 line if I recall) that is the border of private land and State managed.

7. stilly stalker

stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

That designation depends on whether the river is considered navigable by watercraft or not. If non- navigable, the property owners own the channel, if its navigable, they only own to the high water line