Carp

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Caveman, Jul 19, 2014.

1. underachiever

underachiever !

Media:
    Dear Caveman,

Please stop breeding. You're diluting the gene pool bro.

Sincerely,

The World

sopflyfisher likes this.
  2. Caveman

Caveman Member

Like I said whats your address and I will be more than happy to bring some over for you to eat. Lets Put it on the internet.

sopflyfisher likes this.
  3. underachiever

underachiever !

Media:
    Are you just stupid? It has nothing to do with eating it.

4. Caveman

Caveman Member

5. Matt Baerwalde

Matt Baerwalde ...

Media:
    "In Washington, a fishing license is not required to fish for carp. There is also no daily limit. However, please be responsible and harvest only what you will use. Fishing for carp is normally done in two ways, the traditional angling methods using hook and line and with bow and arrow (bow-fishing)."
    http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/pub.php?id=00207

One might note that WDFW's pamphlet doesn't include information on using corn with your fly rod. You know, you come across awfully testy for a guy that's so confident he's right. If I didn't know any better, I might think you had your doubts.

triploidjunkie likes this.
  6. underachiever

underachiever !

Media:
    Look here bitch tits. I couldn't care less if you kill carp. I just found it funny that you sat around soaking bait with a fly rod, post the photos of your catch on a fly fishing board and cry like a bitch when people aren't patting you on the back. You gotta admit that's funny stuff.

It seems like you can barely read but there are books on catching carp with flies (they probably have pictures so you'd at least enjoy those) not to mention numerous blogs with tons of info (again with the reading though).

If you want to kill them, have at it but you could probably handle it in a quicker, more humane fashion. It would reduce your exposure to the stinky, nastiness so you might view that as a plus.

FWIW, they are food fish in nearly every other country in the world, and I've eaten much weirder stuff than carp, so I'd have no reservation with trying to eat some.

triploidjunkie likes this.
  7. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

It must be true,you & two ex wife's can't be wrong

8. JE

JE Active Member

Yep.

9. Eyejuggler

Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Media:
    Home Page:
  10. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Media:
    Common carp aren't even on the list of invasives!!! The first link does say they shouldn't be put back, but they are also listed as a food fish which makes intentionally wasting them a crime.

11. troutdopemagic

troutdopemagic Active Member

hahaha the internet. Anyway, I really don't care if people kill fish, I really don't. As long as its legal, done humanly, and the fish aren't wasted. I don't think throwing live fish in the grass to be tortured by children and left to slowly die counts as such. Posting it on the internet was also a really great idea. But your right, take the moral high ground, call me a "fucking idiot" and go kill more carp inhumanly for no reason other then to look like a real life badass. Meanwhile I'm going to go hug some carp and jackoff to CarpPro magazine.

xdog likes this.
  12. sk8r

sk8r Member

Why would you need to jack off?? I mean seriously, have you seen the sexy mouths on those things?

troutdopemagic likes this.
  13. Paul Huffman

Paul Huffman Lagging economic indicator

Media:
    Home Page:
    From the 2013-2014 Washington Sport Fishing Rules Pamplet, p. 10 "Food Fish Includes forage fish, halibut,
    bottomfish, common carp, shad, tuna, mackerel,
    salmon, and sturgeon."
    P. 12 "Intentionally waste fish or shellfish. This includes mutilating or clipping fins and then returning to the water any live fish (such as dogfish )."
    However, there are many parts of the regs that aren't enforced as written. I had a hell of a time convincing a enforcement officer during the spring of 2013 that I didn't need a license to fly fish for carp.